Cornwall ON – It’s back to school time and that means getting to school and what better way than taking the bus?
Cornwall Transit has a special offer for students this year. The special will be discounted rates during the months of October and November for all student wishing to buy monthly student passes or 10 student tickets.
St. Lawrence College students wishing to take advantage of the free rides will need to show their St. Lawrence College I.D. to the bus driver and can hop on at any time on any Cornwall Transit Bus.
Sales on the Back to school specials will begin during the last week of September. Prices will be:
- $40 – Monthly Student Passes (regular $52)
- $12 – 10 Student Tickets (regular $17)
For the latest on routes and fares, contact:
863 Second Street West
It’s amazing what you don’t know about the services in our city like the Transit system?
- Thirty (30) minute service provided on all routes Monday to Friday until 7:15 p.m. and on Saturdays from10:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Sixty (60) minute service provided during evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Two (2) Community Service buses offer scheduled service from Monday to Saturday on an hourly basis and is open to everyone.
- 14 Conventional buses
- 10 Handi-Transit buses (5 Natural Gas)
- Many accessible features
- 6 low-floor 30′ buses. The first in Cornwall in 2009
- 24 Full time operators
- 5 Part time operators
- 6 Mechanics, 4 Service Personnel
- 9 Administrative staff
- The first Cornwall Electric street car began service on July 1, 1896.
- A Department of The City of Cornwall since November 11, 1974.
- Transport approximately 685,000 passengers annually.
- 88% of city residents are within 300 metres of a bus stop. There are over 240 bus stops city wide.
- Automated next stop Annunciation System
- 95% of bus maintenance is done in-house.
- There are 43 bus shelters city wide.
- There are 23 bus benches.
- A 2008 Eldorado, 30′ bus is 6,000 lbs. less than a 40′ bus. Equipped with a Cummings diesel engine with a regeneration system. Will reduce fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- Approximately 900,000 vehicle km are driven annually.
- 2 Community Service buses provide door-to-door fixed routes. The bus is a low-floor, fully accessible
- 15 passenger vehicle available for anyone and is geared for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Handi-Transit eligibility criteria revised in 2005 to include visual and cognitive disabilities.
- Handi-Transit transports 40,000 passengers annually.
- Buses are available for charter services within the city at a cost of $60.00 per hour. Contact Len Tapp at 613-930-2787, ext. 2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org. for further information.
Take the Bus Today!