On Monday evening, Paul Brisebois, spokesman for Fluoride Free Cornwall appeared before Cornwall City Council asking that the city stop adding fluoride ro the municipal water supply. His submission had previously been posted on the website for the agenda of council meetings.
During his presentation, Brisebois mentioned that he had contacted city staff to find our when Cornwall began to add fluoride to the city water. It appeared that city staff could find no record of a previous council ever having voted as to whether or not to add fluoride to city water. So the question begs to be asked, “How is it possible for a city department to have incurred an expense to add fluoride to the city water, when the elected council appears to have known nothing about it ??”
City staff included a presentation from none other that the medical officer of health, who included plently of references that attest to the alleged benefits of fluoridated drinking water. One of the references was a 1998 report by Calgary Health on the benefits of fluoride. Except during mid-2011, Calgary City Council voted overwhelmingly to end fluoride in that city, see link:
He also includes in his list of references, a link to a 2007 study by Quebec’s National Institute of Public Health that aimed at 50% fluoridation by 2012, seehttp://www.inspq.qc.ca/pdf/
Except that by 2012, Quebec was 97.6% free from fluoride, courtesy of the efforts by such groups as Fluor Action Quebec, Quebec Friends of the Earth and also Coalition Eau Secours under director Gilles Parent (with whom I have had contacted). Gatineau QUE and Kitchener-Waterloo ON both had plebiscites . . . Gatineau voted to be fluoride free and K-W voted to end fluoride.
By some interesting coincidence, the head of EOHU presents to the City of Cornwall the same pre-2010 references that were presented to Calgary, Gatineau, Kitchener-Waterloo to end fluoride or to keep out fluoride. So the question begs be asked,
“What is the head of EOHU trying to achieve ???
The head of EOHU may be aware that fluoride is an ingredient in anti-depressants, see
And that a percentage of teenagers commit suicide while on anti-depressants (that contain fluoride), see
And that fluoride can harden the arteries, see 2012 research at:
A public health nurse advise me that children and teenagers only drink 1 to 2-litres of water per day, though they may flush toilets with tanks of 5 to 8-gallons (23 to 36-litres) between 3 to 5-times per day. The fluoride target group of 5 to 17-year olds account for less than 20% of the population and drink less than 0.5% of municipal water . . . the remainder of over 99.5% going down the toilet or the drain. This makes
fluoridation of municipal water a scam if over 99% is being wasted.
I would remind the head of EOHU that one of his staff approach me to buy cigarettes as she had forgot her age-of-majority card at home, while a 2nd attempt at similiar entrapment occurred at a later date.
(Comments and opinions of Editorials, Letters to the Editor, and comments from readers are purely their own and don’t necessarily reflect those of the owners of this site, their staff, or sponsors.)