In the interest of community safety, Chief Daniel Parkinson of the Cornwall Community Police Service, under the authority of the Police Services Act of Ontario, discloses the following information regarding 67-year-old William Robert Gates.
William Robert Gates was recently released from custody after having served a nine month jail sentence for Possession of Child Pornography and distribution of Child Pornography.
He is described as a white male, 5’11”, 160 lbs, with short gray hair and hazel eyes.
William Robert Gates will be residing within the community and the Cornwall Community Police Service is advising the public to use caution at all times and to practice sound crime prevention and safety measures at all times. Information on crime Prevention is available on the Cornwall Community Police Service web site at www.cornwallpolice.com.
The Cornwall Community Police Service will continue to closely monitor the conditions of this release in an ongoing effort to ensure public safety and security.
SAFETY ON THE STREET
There are ways in which you can reduce the risk of being a victim:
- Walk assertively and in well-lit areas.
- Avoid being alone if you can.
- Walk in the centre of the sidewalk, away from alleys and doorways.
- If you suspect you are being followed, cross the street, go to the nearest home, a service station or a business and call the police.
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid areas that increase your chances of being a victim. ( Unlit areas of parks, vacant land and parking lots)
- Report problems to the police, we welcome the information and can advise you on prevention methods.