(BROCKVILLE, ON) – On October 31, 2015, as a result of an investigation by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Professional Standards Bureau (PSB), officers arrested and charged Provincial Constable George DUKE, 52 of Brockville, ON.
He has been charged with:
- Theft Over $5,000
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime, Over $5,000
- Breach of Trust
- Unlawful Possession of a Restricted Firearm
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Unsafe Storage of Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm Without a Licence
- Possession of Schedule II Substance
He was released on a Promise to Appear and Officer-in-Charge Undertaking to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice, Brockville, ON on December 11, 2015.
He is a 20 year member of the OPP, posted to Leeds County detachment. He has been suspended from duty with pay in accordance with the Police Services Act (PSA).