(South Dundas) – On May 9, 2016 at approximately 11:05am, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers responded to a report of a domestic investigation at a residence on Pigeon Island Road, South Dundas Township. Investigation revealed that an altercation between an adult female and her common-law spouse resulted in the female uttering threats towards a family member. Further information led officers to identify and seize a firearm at the residence improperly stored.
The 20-year-old female from South Dundas Township was arrested and is charged with;
– Uttering Threats
– Careless Storage of a Firearm
– Breach of Firearms Regulation – Store Firearm
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
She was held in custody pending an appearance (bail) at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall. Her name is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victim.
THEFT OF LAWN TRACTOR & TRAILER
(South Dundas) – Overnight (May 08-09, 2016), a riding lawn-tractor and utility trailer were taken from a property on County road 7, South Dundas Township. Descriptors are as follows;
– Husqvarna Lawn-Tractor, orange with black bagger attachment, 42’ cut
– 2006 Homemade open utility trailer, black, 4.5’x8.6’, pull down ramp, white rims
An investigation continues.