SIU Investigating Collision between OPP Cruiser and Vehicle East of Prescott
Case Number: 16-PVI-150
Mississauga, ON (11 June, 2016) —
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit is examining the circumstances surrounding an evening collision between an Ontario Provincial Police cruiser and another vehicle.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
- Shortly before 9:00 p.m. on June 10, an OPP officer was responding to a call.
- The officer was driving eastbound along County Road 2.
- At Mary Street, the officer’s cruiser collided with a vehicle that was attempting to make a left turn from County Road 2 onto Mary Street.
- The 63-year-old male driver of the vehicle suffered serious injuries. He was taken to Brockville General Hospital and then airlifted to Kingston General Hospital.
- The officer suffered minor injuries to one hand.
The SIU has designated one subject officer and three witness officers as part of this investigation.
Three investigators, two forensic investigators, and two collision reconstructionists have been assigned to this incident.