(Ottawa) – The Ottawa Police Service Guns and Gangs Unit is investigating a shooting from Sunday, July 17th, 2016 at approximately8:00pm. Patrol Officers attended the 1-100 block of Astoria Street following reports of a shooting.
Witnesses provided a description of the suspects’ vehicle to responding officers who located the vehicle nearby and three male suspects were arrested. No one was injured from the shooting.
As a result of the investigation, charges were laid as follows:
Abdukerim Ibrah HUSSEN, 21 years old of Ottawa:
- Use / Handle / Store firearm, carelessly
- Possess weapon, Dangerous to public peace
- Possess restricted or prohibited firearm without holding a licence and registration certificate
- Possess restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence and registration certificate
- Occupy motor vehicle with firearm
- Possess loaded regulated firearm
- Possess firearm with altered serial number
- Discharge firearm into a place / reckless to others
- Possess proceeds of property or thing obtained by crime / not exceeding $5000
- Possess schedule II substance / cannabis resin or cannabis (marijuana) for trafficking / less than 3kg
- Possess schedule I substance for trafficking (crack cocaine)
- Possess schedule I substance for trafficking (powder cocaine)
- Possess schedule I substance for trafficking (xanax)
- Possess schedule I substance for trafficking (Percocet)
- Possess schedule I substance for trafficking (oxycotin)
HUSSEN will be at Show cause court Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Edwin EDOUARD, 21years old of Ottawa is facing one count of Possession of a schedule II substance. A third person, who was in the suspects’ vehicle, was arrested but not charged.