Ontario Provincial Police News Portal OPP Media Release LEEDS COUNTY (Brockville) DRUG WARRANT RESULTS IN CHARGES AGAINST FOUR MEN 2016-11-15
(LANSDOWNE, ON) – On October 6th, 2016 officers from Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Leeds County detachment in conjunction with Gananoque Police Service and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) warrant at a property on Old River Rd., in the Township of Leeds and Thousand Islands.
As a result of the warrant police located a large scale marijuana production operation and seized approximately:
- 544 marijuana plants,
- 146 lbs of dried marijuana,
- 82 lbs of cannabis resin oil,
- 41 grams of cannabis resin hashish,
- .5 grams of crack cocaine,
- Canadian and American currency and
- paraphernalia consistent with production and packaging.
Street value of the seized drugs is estimated at approximately $1.2 million dollars.
Charged under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with Production of a Schedule II substance (marijuana) and Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking is:
- 28 year old, Matias DENTI from Front Escott Township
- 29 year old, Jeffrey John GOOD from Augusta Township
- 44 year old, Earl William KNOWLES from Edwardsburgh Township and
- 43 year old, Seven Willem KRUIZE of Front Escott Township
All accused were released from custody and are to appear on Friday, December 16, 2016 at Ontario Court of Justice, Brockville, ON.
This investigation is ongoing at this time.
If you or anyone you know has any information regarding this or any other incident you are asked to call the O.P.P at 613 345 1790