Traffic Stop Results in Gun Seizure
(Ottawa) – A south end traffic stop resulted in a gun being taken off the streets by Ottawa Police.
On Sunday, December 31, 2017, at approximately 2:00am, a Frontline officer conducted a traffic stop in the area of Spratt and Limebank Roads. The traffic stop resulted in the arrest of the driver due to drug offences.
Further into the arrest investigation, a loaded handgun was located at the driver’s seat area in the vehicle.
Ali MOHAMMED HUSSEIN, 36 years old of Ottawa, is charged with:
- Careless Storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device…
- Possession of a weapon
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in motor vehicle
- Impaired operation
- Possession of substance x2
MOHAMMED HUSSEIN appeared in court on Monday, January 1, 2018.