Large drug seizure East of Ottawa
(EMBRUN, ON) On March 22, 2018, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) – Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed a Search Warrant in Embrun Ontario. The search warrant was the culmination of an investigation by the Russell County OPP Community Street Crime Unit which began with several complaints from members of the community.
Investigators seized over a kilogram of cocaine, over 55,000 methamphetamine pills (speed), over five kilograms of cannabis resin (hash), cannabis marihuana, drug trafficking equipment, cash, weapons and contraband cigarettes. The total value of the drugs seized has an estimated street value of over $350,000.
Rejean LALONDE, a 52-year old male from Embrun Ontario, was arrested on March 22, 2018 and charged with the following:
- One count of Possession of a Schedule II for the purpose of trafficking – under 3kg,
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine,
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine,
- One count of Possession of a Schedule II for the purpose of trafficking – over 3kg,
- One count of Trafficking in contraband tobacco,
- One count of Possession of property obtained by crime in Canada under 5000$, and
- Three counts of Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order.
He was held in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario court of Justice located in L’Orignal Ontario on March 23, 2018.
Anyone with information is asked to contact D/Sgt Dean CANHAM by email at Dean.Canham@OPP.ca, the OPP Communication Centre at 1-888-310-1122