Larry Kazdan of Vancouver Wants The Fed to Create More Jobs LTE Sept 27, 2016

Larry Kazdan of Vancouver Wants The Fed to Create More Jobs LTE Sept 27, 2016

Re:  Feds monitoring weak economy, could take action as early as fall: Morneau, The Canadian Press, September 26, 2016 http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2016/09/26/feds-monitoring-weak-economy-could-take-action-as-early-as-fall-morneau-3/#.V-mLF_nyuUk Our Bank of Canada does not have vaults filled with electronic cash. As remarkable as it may seem, the Bank (owned 100% by the federal government) simply creates money whenever needed by computer entry. It […]

Don Briere Sells Marijuana For The Crown – Ottawa interview by Roy Berger SEPT 11, 2016

Don Briere Sells Marijuana For The Crown – Ottawa interview by Roy Berger SEPT 11, 2016

Don Briere owns Weeds Glass & Gifts, a chain of over 20 marijuana dispensaries located in many cities through out Canada. He once went to jail for operating over 30 grow-ops using 77 thousand high pressure bulbs. Currently he signs many cheques, employs over a hundred people, and requires receipts for the buying and selling […]

CFN Looking for Contributors – Opinion, News, Sports, Arts & More! CLICK FOR DETAILS

CFN Looking for Contributors – Opinion, News, Sports, Arts & More!  CLICK FOR DETAILS

The Cornwall Free News is looking to share our platform with more writers, photographers, videographers, and artists this year. Do you have a burning passion about a subject or your community? If you want exposure what better place?  If you want a soapbox where your voice will be heard this is the spot for you! […]

LTE: Larry Kazdan of Vancouver – Letter to Editor re: Cash Crunch of Uncosted Liberal Commitments JAN 18, 2016

LTE: Larry Kazdan of Vancouver – Letter to Editor re: Cash Crunch of Uncosted Liberal Commitments JAN 18, 2016

Re:  The cash crunch of commitments: uncosted spending vows lurk for Liberals, Andy Blatchford, 01/17/2016 1 The Bank of Canada can never run out of Canadian dollars, nor can the federal government which owns it.  In keeping their promises, Liberals should not be deterred by deficits, because if necessary these can be run indefinitely. In […]

Larry Kazdan on the Dangers of Printing Too Much Money – LTE – May 7, 2015

Larry Kazdan on the Dangers of Printing Too Much Money – LTE – May 7, 2015

Re: Federal parties start to play their economic cards, Jason Fekete, May 5, 2015 http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/federal-parties-start-to-play-their-economic-cards The conventional wisdom is that whichever party forms government will not have much financial breathing room, especially with the collapse of world oil prices. In fact, while there are ideological and eventual real resource restraints, there is no financial constraint […]

What is the Friendliest City in Canada to Live In by Jamie Gilcig – JAN 16, 2015 #FCICANADA

What is the Friendliest City in Canada to Live In by Jamie Gilcig – JAN 16, 2015 #FCICANADA

CORNWALL Ontario – What is the most friendly city in Canada?  I don’t mean to tourists, but to each other as residents?  What is the best place to live? What is the best place to raise a family or retire?  Or start a business? I thought I’d found a pretty great place here in Cornwall […]

Merry Christmas Greetings on Cornwall Free News! CLICK FOR DETAILS

Merry Christmas Greetings on Cornwall Free News!   CLICK FOR DETAILS

Special Offer for all of our CFN viewers! Buying cards, filling them out, Canada Post! Save on the high cost of mailing out Christmas and Holiday cards by purchasing a greeting on CFN! You can post your image, photo or even video greeting with a short message for only $29.95! Friends, family and people from […]

CFN One on One With Bif Naked Will You Take the $21 Food Challenge for Poverty Awareness?

CFN One on One With Bif Naked Will You Take the $21 Food Challenge for Poverty Awareness?

CFN  – How many of you reading this have lived under the poverty line?  How many are living it now?   Those on social assistance here in Ontario and across Canada have very little extra left from their income to buy food.   Many rely on the kindness of strangers and food banks for survival. Canadian […]

How Did Canadian NHL GM’s Do in the Off Season by Jamie Gilcig – Aug 25, 2014

How Did Canadian NHL GM’s Do in the Off Season by Jamie Gilcig – Aug 25, 2014

CFN – As the long hot Summer comes to an end changes have occurred across the NHL.   Some more drastic than others.    Some teams have new coaches and GM’s.   We’re going to look at Canada’s six teams and rate their performances in their attempt to bring Lord Stanley’s Cup back to Canada. […]

The Art of Everything By Mary Anne Pankhurst An Interview with B.C. Songwriter and Outlaw Rock and Roller, Chris Andres, of Cottonmouth Jones

The Art of Everything By Mary Anne Pankhurst An Interview with B.C. Songwriter and Outlaw Rock and Roller, Chris Andres, of Cottonmouth Jones

Songwriter, guitar man and outlaw rock and roller Chris Andres, laughs a little when he tells me that after writing 500 songs over 30 years in the biz that: “Everybody has ‘one’ great song in them.  The rest is work.” But just below the surface of that wit, musicality and outlaw rocker “look,” is the […]

MLB Writer Peter Gammons Labels NHL Minor Sport after Vancouver Calgary Brawl by Jamie Gilcig

CFN –  Calgary and Vancouver played Saturday night. The Canucks wangled a 3-2 win; but it was the opening 5 on 5 brawl that has the world of Social Media buzzing today. Calgary started their Brian Burke kind of guys. Vancouver coach, John Tortarella, never one to be mistaken for Mother Teresa, kicked it into […]

Letter to Editor re: Canada loses nearly 46,000 jobs in December by Larry Kazdan of Vancouver BC

Letter to Editor re: Canada loses nearly 46,000 jobs in December by Larry Kazdan of Vancouver BC

If the Harper Conservatives were serious about job creation, they would not rely entirely on the whims of private sector hiring. In 1944,  Canada’s unemployment rate dropped below 1 per cent because one out of every three adult males was engaged in military service and many private sector workers were fulfilling government contracts. As the […]

Larry Kazdan of Vancouver BC : Why Canada Post Needs a Postal Bank to Survive Letter to the Editor

Larry Kazdan of Vancouver BC : Why Canada Post Needs a Postal Bank to Survive  Letter to the Editor

Re:  Canada Post must adapt to survive, says CEO http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/12/18/conservatives_aim_to_limit_study_of_canada_post_mail_service_cuts.html According to CEO Deepak Chopra, Canada Post has to make difficult changes to survive, but the difficulties under his plan will be borne by Canada Post workers, by urban householders, by  seniors and by the disabled.  Another option would be for Canada Post to introduce […]

Earth Matters by Jacqueline Milner Where did my meal come from?

Earth Matters by Jacqueline Milner Where did my meal come from?

CFN – I was given a book by a friend not too long ago which I am just getting around to reading, The Omnivore’s Dilemma, A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan.  So much interesting information…”Our ingenuity in feeding ourselves is prodigious, but at various points our technologies come into conflict with nature’s […]

Bees Matter. They feed us, they need our help…NOW. by Jacqueline Milner

Bees Matter.  They feed us, they need our help…NOW.   by Jacqueline Milner

CFN – Yes this is the Earth Matters column.  We are changing the title of this column for today out of respect and consideration for all this little flying animal does for us each day.  Bees, which are critical to our food supply are experiencing immense life challenges due to the hand of man.  They […]

Earth Friendly solutions for packing lunches and scrubbing the throne by Jacqueline Milner.

Earth Friendly solutions for packing lunches and scrubbing the throne by Jacqueline Milner.

CFN – I just love coming across items that help me accomplish my daily needs and are additionally  “earth friendly”.  These are two items that caught my eye and prompted me to open my wallet to purchase in the last week. The first item is the ECO Lunchbox.  The item came with minimal packaging […]

2014 Sochi Games Should Stay in Russia Inspite of New Gay Law – by Jamie Gilcig – August 12, 2013

2014 Sochi Games Should Stay in Russia Inspite of New Gay Law – by Jamie Gilcig – August 12, 2013

CFN – Pink Politics are again raging in the headlines.    This time the cause is the 2014 Winter Olympic games in Sochi Russia.   Because of new laws (horrible ones too) passed by Mr. Putin and his government in Russia activists like the witty and talented George Takei are suggesting that the Olympics be […]

Pollutants Threaten Iconic Canadian Bird – Earth Matters by Jacqueline Milner

Pollutants Threaten Iconic Canadian Bird – Earth Matters by Jacqueline Milner

CFN – For all Canadian Cottage goers and summer water seekers the sight and sounds of the Common Loon lift the spirit and add that special something to a retreat spent away from the ‘day to day’ in our down-time spent near the water. The soul stirring call of Canada’s Iconic Loon is experiencing challenges […]

1 2 3 4