#OPP Transport of FREEZIES Goes Up in Flames on 401E Near Brockville 071818

#OPP Transport of FREEZIES Goes Up in Flames on 401E Near Brockville 071818

(LEEDS, ON.) – Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in Leeds County are continuing an investigation into a transport fire on eastbound Highway 401. On July 18, 2018 at about 1:15 AM, officers of the Leeds County OPP detachment attended a transport fire on Highway 401, west of Brockville in Elizabethtown-Kitley Township. The fire […]

Collisions on 401 Between Cornwall & Brockville LANES CLOSED Will Update JULY 18, 2018

Collisions on 401 Between Cornwall & Brockville LANES CLOSED Will Update JULY 18, 2018

Cornwall Ontario – Two collisions reported by the OPP this morning. First a tractor trailer fire near Brockville UPDATE: Road Closure: #Hwy401 EB at #Hwy2 #Brockville– Traffic now exiting and reentering Hwy401 EB at Hwy2. ^jt — OPPCommunicationsER (@OPP_COMM_ER) July 18, 2018 And now at the Boundary Road exit in Cornwall. Another tractor trailer incident […]

Maurice Dupelle & Bad Politics Leave Agape Food Bank on the Brink in Cornwall Ontario – by Jamie Gilcig 071618

Maurice Dupelle & Bad Politics Leave Agape Food Bank on the Brink in Cornwall Ontario – by Jamie Gilcig 071618

Cornwall Ontario –  One of the biggest problems in Cornwall is the utter failure of charities due to really bad politics. The United Way for example boycotts this newspaper.  They also kept missing their funding targets so they no longer have them.  Instead of acting like a responsible charity and pursue their mandate they fail […]

I Really Don’t Like Racists by Jamie Gilcig – Cornwall Store Owner JEAN POIRIER Spams CFN Before Ranting 071617

I Really Don’t Like Racists by Jamie Gilcig – Cornwall Store Owner JEAN POIRIER Spams CFN Before Ranting 071617

Cornwall Ontario –  One of the reasons so many journalists end up with PTSD is that we face the raw public.  While rarely to the same degree as our brave and talented emergency services or armed forces it can get pretty ugly, and it accumulates over the years. Something that triggers me to action is […]

MS SOCIETY – PwC MS BIKE Needs Volunteers Aug. 18 & 19 – Ottawa to Cornwall

MS SOCIETY – PwC MS BIKE Needs Volunteers Aug. 18 & 19 – Ottawa to Cornwall

CORNWALL ONTARIO – Now in its 29th year, PwC MS Bike – Ottawa to Cornwall is one of the most popular cycling events in eastern Ontario and it’s fast approaching. It will take place Aug. 18-19 and the Cornwall Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is looking for volunteers to help make it […]

So After a Busy Weekend of Listening Do You Want Me to Run? Election 2018 & Brampton 2.0 by Jamie Gilcig 071618

So After a Busy Weekend of Listening Do You Want Me to Run? Election 2018 & Brampton 2.0 by Jamie Gilcig 071618

Cornwall Ontario –   It’s really weird getting stopped in public places and asked to talk about politics and in particular my running for office again this 2018 election. The most common theme I heard over the weekend is that this town would putrefy with David Murphy as mayor.  I can’t say I disagree with that […]

#OPP 401 West Collision – 1 Lane Closed Near Cornwall 071418

#OPP 401 West Collision – 1 Lane Closed Near Cornwall 071418

Cornwall Ontario –  The OPP are reporting a mess on highway 401 westbound between Moulinette Road and the Cornwall Ontario Brookdale exit. We will update as more info becomes available. ROAD CLOSURE: #Hwy401 WB between Brookdale Ave and Moulinette Rd #Cornwall – Road CLOSED following collision, reopening time unknown. ^lm pic.twitter.com/UN8j350x4P — OPPCommunicationsER (@OPP_COMM_ER) July […]

Hugo Doesn’t Seem to Understand Why the Poor Election Candidate Turnout for Cornwall? By Jamie Gilcig 071418

Hugo Doesn’t Seem to Understand Why the Poor Election Candidate Turnout for Cornwall?  By Jamie Gilcig 071418

Cornwall Ontario –  So I was having a beverage with a gentleman I was expecting to run for mayor of Cornwall Ontario.   He was bright, successful, connected to the community and had the gift of gab.   He was clearly far superior to the only person to put their name forth so far, one David Murphy, […]

Overnight Fire Destroys Triplex Near Montreal Road in Cornwall Ontario 071418

Overnight Fire Destroys Triplex Near Montreal Road in Cornwall Ontario 071418

Cornwall Ontario –  A triplex went up in flames just after midnight in Cornwall Ontario.   The building, near La Maison was destroyed and an investigation will continue.  No injuries were reported. Witnesses reported hearing a LOUD BOOM before the building went up in flames. Kudos to the brave and talented firefighters of the CFS who […]

RAIN & T STORMS for Cornwall Ontario Saturday July 14, 2018

RAIN & T STORMS for Cornwall Ontario Saturday July 14, 2018

Cornwall Ontario – A humid front of hot liquid filled joy will burst over the Cornwall Ontario region today.   Expect rains followed by Thunderstorms starting this morning and into tomorrow. Expect 10-15mm of rain before Sunday which will be even hotter with a humidex over 35. It’s a great weekend to hide inside and drink […]

Over 200 Million Reasons To Worry About the Cornwall Waterfront by Jamie Gilcig 071318

Over 200 Million Reasons To Worry About the Cornwall Waterfront by Jamie Gilcig 071318

Cornwall Ontario – The problem with a lack of community leadership is that issues can bite you in the bum before you realize what hit you.  Corruption and political impotence do not lead to a successful community. While the ol rumours and allegations about a certain former mayor’s love for a good game of cards […]

ALERT Valsartan BLOOD PRESSURE Med RECALL Due to Potential Carcinogen 071118

ALERT Valsartan BLOOD PRESSURE Med RECALL Due to Potential Carcinogen 071118

Several drugs containing valsartan being recalled due to contamination with a potential carcinogen Report a Concern Starting date: July 9, 2018 Type of communication: Advisory Subcategory: Drugs Source of recall: Health Canada Issue: New safety information Audience: General Public Identification number: RA-67202 Issue Several drugs containing the ingredient valsartan are being recalled by their manufacturers. […]

1 2 3 251