CFN –   As many of you know Thursday February 9th is our 3rd Anniversary of The Cornwall Free News and birthday emails and phone calls have started to trickle in this week! Deputy leader of the Federal NDP and front runner to replace Mr. Layton as leader, Thomas Mulcair;Continue Reading

CFN –   Mayor Bryan McGillis and council of South Stormont Ontario threw down the gauntlet to the Cornwall Community Hospital today at a regularly scheduled non-secret open council meeting. South Stormont is reacting to the lightning story started by a letter to the editor by esteemed local surgeon Dr. Dany TomblerContinue Reading

WARRANT               Cornwall, ON- Eric Brodeau, 35 of Gatineau, Quebec, was arrested on the 6th of February, 2012 on the strength of an outstanding warrant. It is alleged that between the 20th of September, 2005 and the 26th of October, 2005 he fraudulently cashed cheques. A warrant was sought. He was charged withContinue Reading

Dear Editor,   This corruption kerfuffle could very well be the platform from which to launch our own “Cornwall Spring”.   Surely Robert Menagh is not the only one to share the secrets of Cornwall City Council and Administration, albeit the only one paid enough to keep his trap shut.   Forums likeContinue Reading

CFN – Birthday gifts come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.    This morning I guess I received one from Claude McIntosh and the Standard – Freeholder in his column.    LINK As we celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of CFN, a very proud moment for me personally, I readContinue Reading

CFN – Christina “Corky” Julien was back home in Cornwall Ontario before embarking on her first European professional gig playing Soccer in Sweden. It’s her tune up as she prepares for for the 2012 Olympics in England.  She helped Canada qualify for the Olympics; an achievement unto itself. The Williamstown native sat down withContinue Reading

CFN – Leave it to a Doctor to stir controversy regarding nursing!   That’s exactly what Dr. Tombler has done in Cornwall Ontario. The good doctor lashed out, and I have to admit, I agree with him, about the Cornwall Hospital policy of only hiring bilingual nurses full time. LINKContinue Reading

CFN –  Joan Levy-Earle (Mann) was at the public library this afternoon, concerning her newest book The Road Home.  It’s about her faith journey and weaves in stories of many local figures.  She’s still an artist (painter), has taught dance, operated The Sanctuary, etc.  Her name is well-known in the area.  TheContinue Reading

CFN – The officials from the Cornwall Meals on Wheels program wish to remind Cornwall and area residents that it does not solicit donations by going door-to-door. The organization has received several phone calls in recent days from concerned residents who have been approached by an individual who is collecting donations atContinue Reading

CFN –  This just in from Sharyn Duffey – Fundraising Coordinator, The Canadian Cancer Society. On behalf of the Canadian Cancer Society, we would like to thank Claire Simard for organizing a wonderful event this past October.  . BRAV-O raised $4000 for our Transportation Program.  Our program offers rides to patients whoContinue Reading

CFN –   The Cornwall Free News is happy to introduce our latest contributor;  Political Cartoonist Mr. Mike Roache of Halifax Nova Scotia! About Mr. Roache: Mike Roache was born in Halifax and began cartooning for a school newspaper while in junior high,often putting the paper together by himself.  OverContinue Reading