CFN –   The Cornwall Free News is happy to introduce our latest contributor;  Political Cartoonist Mr. Mike Roache of Halifax Nova Scotia! About Mr. Roache: Mike Roache was born in Halifax and began cartooning for a school newspaper while in junior high,often putting the paper together by himself.  OverContinue Reading

CFN –  Some people have noticed that CFN really wants to play a role in helping young people become more active in politics and find their voice. What I like to do is find politically active young people and share our platform with them.   And that’s where Stéphane  Groulx enters.Continue Reading

CFN – The Creative Economy Summit will promote awareness of the creative economy and Brampton’s role within it, educating participants and defining how it relates to our community in the business of the arts. Join us for a day featuring high-profile keynote speakers, such as CBC’s Jian Ghomeshi, along with PresidentContinue Reading

CFN –  Cornwall Ontario fascinates me.  It’s part Twin Peaks; part Peyton Place, and full bore Cornwall.   Since founding the Cornwall Free News nearly three years ago the person I have dealt with the most has been Mr. Bob “Vienna Sausage” Peters with the Economic destruction Development department. Mr.Continue Reading

CFN– People from local churches and faith communities are invited to come together to explore the connections between their spiritual beliefs and their responsibility towards planet earth. The meeting, entitled Greening Sacred Spaces: A Conversation, is organized by Transition Cornwall+ in partnership with the Cornwall Interfaith Partnership and Greening SacredContinue Reading

CFN -Eco Farm Day is back for 2012!   It’s at the Ramada in Cornwall Ontario on February 25 & 26th! The theme of Eco Farm Day 2012 is “Vibrant Family Businesses in Organic Agriculture and Food”. In the current economic climate, the small business sector is the leading economic engine.Continue Reading

CFN –  Are you a photographer, writer, or artist?   We’re will be hiring some extra talent for our Online Magazine;  SPOTLIGHT CORNWALL which will be announcing more on in the coming month. Email your cv or web link to info@cornwallfreenews.com before February 15, 2012. These will be paid andContinue Reading

CFN – The St. Lawrence College Cornwall Sharks women’s hockey team used an excellent defensive game, near-perfect goaltending and timely scoring to win the Wilfrid Laurier Brantford Invitational Tournament, played Friday, Jan 20.   The Sharks won all four games they played to take home the gold medal. In theContinue Reading

I understand for the most part that people don’t want to hear negative things. It’s really understandable, but standing behind the secret destruction that is going on in this city, is just shameful. . What got me thinking wasn’t that people are upset that any of this secret destruction isContinue Reading

Dear Editor: There are long waiting lists for our seniors who need affordable housing. There are long waiting lists for our elderly who need long term care. There are long waiting lists for people in wheel chairs that need a place to live. With all due respect, these are the peopleContinue Reading