CFN – The Seaway Roller Derby Girls League is Official. The members of the Newest Roller Derby league in Canada have recently received their approval from the Canadian Women’s Roller Derby Association. To celebrate, there will be a 70’s themed Roller Disco Fundraiser held at Agora Catholic Centre (previously knownContinue Reading

CFN – The Canadian Curling Association today announced that the 2013 Canadian Wheelchair Curling Championship will take place March 24-31 at the RA Centre in Ottawa. The RA Centre is honoured to be chosen to host this very prestigious event for the Canadian Wheelchair Curling Championship, said Rick Baker, Host Committee Co-Chair and theContinue Reading

CFN – Thanks to local Environmentalist, Artist, and our own Columnist for our Column; Earth Matters,  Jacqueline Milner for sending us the poster for the Living Locally Fair which is happening Saturday January 21, 2012 in Russell Ontario. With 30% tree coverage needed to support bio diversity there’s always roomContinue Reading

CFN – Smart City Toastermasters Club-Cornwall, decided to do a potluck Christmas dinner this year, held at Claudette Pilon and partner Gilles Routhier’s home. . It made the celebration more personal.   A special thank you to Gilles & Claudette from all of us toastmasters who attended that evening’s festiveContinue Reading

CFN – Eighteen year old Kelsie Granger didn’t get to celebrate New Years.  The first year student at St. Lawrence College was working behind the cash at Jonathan’s Convienence Store at 6th and Bedford streets in Cornwall Ontario when a masked intruder entered the store and threatened her with aContinue Reading

CFN –   We made it!  If you’re reading this we’ve all jumped over the line and are blinking and breathing in 2012.    Now I know some of you are fretting and getting all Mayan, but I have a hunch 2012 is going to be a heck of aContinue Reading

CFN –  As I sit here in the very early hours of the last day of 2011 I’m looking back at what was an interesting ride.    2011 probably won’t go down as my favorite year.  A lot of personal changes in life; becoming single again at my advanced age;Continue Reading

CFN – As the Christmas season is upon us, I have been privilidged to have the opportunity to taste all the traditional Danish Christmas dishes.Leading up to Christmas, it is very common to have some Christmas “snacks”, which are called “Æbleskiver” and “pebernødder”. Æbleskivers are very similar to Timbit’s. Although,Continue Reading

CFN – For whatever reason, many of us have become interested in who our ancestors were. I became interested a few years ago so I purchased a copy of the “Family Tree Maker” and began filling in the blanks. I also registered with Ancestry.ca and started a notebook with informationContinue Reading

CFN –   I’m reading today about China sticking an online dissident, Chen Xi, to ten years in Jail.  Another,  Chen Wei was recently given a 9 year sentence.   I know; we’re not China…yet. You have the mayor of Toronto cutting off the largest paper in his city because they wouldn’tContinue Reading

CFN– Much Tease, on Cornwall’s downtown Pitt Street, is one of relatively few area small businesses that are set for expansion in the New Year. Owner Greg Mooney, who has run the store for the last twenty-two years, is confident about the future despite the slow economic climate that isContinue Reading

CFN – There’s a trend in BIG CORPORATE media that is seeing a lot of talented people being replaced by young and less experienced voices.    Cost reduction or just reactions to divergence in media?  Some would see a decentralization and less focus on local is the culprit.  Create oneContinue Reading

CFN –   Not too many businesses survive 70 years.   Especially not here in Cornwall.   While the old girl is limping; the Port Theatre, originally known as The Roxy is still surviving! The Roxy had four staff on the floor on opening night; Doris Lalonde Usherette; Mrs. YvonneContinue Reading