Pictured local Heritage groups are Jim Brownell, Mayor McGillis and Bill Costello CFN – Mayor Bryan McGillis expressed gratitude at the December 14, 2011 South Stormont Council meeting to all the businesses that supported his term as Warden of the United Counties of SD&G in 2010. Local businesses were happyContinue Reading

CFN –  Well City Council in Cornwall Ontario is done for 2011.   The last official non-secret meeting was held Monday night and it was a full agenda!   I thought it would be interesting to do a report card for the mayor,  council, and key city management. Mayor Kilger:Continue Reading

CFN –   The Candian Cancer Society in Cornwall Ontario has been busy!  Here are some of the latest donations and announcments! On behalf of the Canadian Cancer Society, we would like to thank Survivor Sharon Lavoie for her donation.  Sharon baked gingerbread cookies and created gingerbread houses to raiseContinue Reading

CFN – When Mike and Natalie Bedard decided to open a new pool company in Cornwall, they were making an important business decision – and a family decision as well.   The couple had worked at a local pool company for over 10 years, and they had received jobContinue Reading

CFN –  Ian Bowering has been the curator for the Cornwall Community Museum in the Old Woodhouse for 33 years now.     That’s an awfully long time; but some, like City Councilor Syd Gardiner seem to think that it’s time for his funding to be cut and perhaps evenContinue Reading

CFN – This is nothing short of amazing and will certainly put you in the holiday spirit. . I am hoping that you will help me encourage and empower two amazing young teens from Cornwall.  These two young men, Sam and Cody Chambré, raise money to drill wells in Africa.Continue Reading

CFN -After experiencing the “big city” life in Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and Dallas, Lisa Blanchard recently returned to her hometown of Cornwall – and she couldn’t be happier.     “I really missed home,” said Ms. Blanchard. “Cornwall has really changed, and I think it’s poised to grow.”      AlongContinue Reading

CFN – In the latter stages of being at home with my parents, I remember decorating my small bedroom floor-to-ceiling pictures of the peoples of the world. I would contemplate their world to my limited capacity, but was always very intrigued by every aspect of their life depicted inContinue Reading

CFN – Heather Hughes is dedicated to helping people achieve a healthy, balanced lifestyle. It’s a journey she knows first-hand. A car accident in her early twenties left Ms. Hughes with serious injuries. After two surgeries, the Williamstown native emerged mobile, but suffering from chronic pain. It was duringContinue Reading

CFN – I’m sure Pierre Trudeau is not happy wherever he is today….   While I didn’t agree with everything he stood for I was always proud of his relationship with the US.  In his memoirs his advice to Brian Mulroney: ” …be friends with the United States– the CanadianContinue Reading

CFN – A section of Cornwall’s waterfront recreational path will be closed to the public during the winter months in order to accommodate the ongoing construction activity for the new low-level bridge.  The temporary closure involves a small section of the recreational path immediately beneath and around the existingContinue Reading

CFN – So is the City of Cornwall Ontario using this report to council on advertising as a financial tool to control local media?   It’s an interesting question and one I’ve been fielding now for over a month and I’m sure some of the city officials and council areContinue Reading

CFN – The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne has taken an important step towards reestablishing ancestral trade networks with other First Nations. In a ceremony conducted during the Assembly of First Nation’s Special Chiefs Assembly held in Ottawa, Ontario on Wednesday, December 6, 2011, MCA Grand Chief Mike Kanentakeron Mitchell rekindledContinue Reading