CFN – Long Sault resident and president of Team Cornwall, Gilles Latour is helping breathe new life into one of Cornwall’s more distinguished addresses. Mr. Latour, purchased the century-old, two-storey, red-brick building at 42 Second Street East earlier this year.    “This building has a lot of history yet it isContinue Reading

And The Finger Points To   Let’s take a closer look at who is really responsible for the pollution that’s causing this alleged “Global Warming” or “Climate Change”.   Who’s manufacturing cars, buses, trains, ships and planes with polluting engines, that we are forced to use?   Who’s having hugeContinue Reading

CFN –As an exchange student, I am constantly reminded of the rules: “The 4 D’s”.    No Drinking; No Driving; No Drugs; And No Dating.   More importantly, I am reminded of the 7 Be’s.   BE a Person of Action BE Curious BE Purposeful BE Grateful BE Respectful BE AccountableContinue Reading

CFN – Who would not want to read a book with the title “2012 Rabbits and the Happy Apocalypse on Shortwave Radio”.  It certainly intrigued me. Author, Roy Berger, takes what could have been just another ‘end of the world’ theme and turns it into an interesting and socially relevant voyage for theContinue Reading

CFN – Would you like to: Cook healthy, budget-friendly meals in a group setting? Take home tasty, freezer-friendly meals for your family? Meet new friends? If so, plan to attend the North Dundas Community Kitchen Planning Meeting on November 9th!  At the meeting, you will learn more about how a Community Kitchen operatesContinue Reading

CFN –   I spent a day of my life today at a hearing. It was summations for charges laid on two of Cornwall’s finest by Edgar Ethier over allegations that he was roughed up after being charged with impaired driving. Sergeants Scott Coulter and Troy St. Germain were inContinue Reading

CFN – Cornwall City Councilor rookie Maurice Dupelle was busy this weekend as Teens from his youth advisory board enjoyed from 9pm – 10pm, full access to the pool at the aquatic center, and were treated to aqua zumba and a game of under water hockey. From 10pm -11pmContinue Reading

CFN – As advertised earlier this week we finally launched our collaborative book of short stories, The Perfect Mix. Our publisher, local do-it-yourselfer Dean Swift, held the party at his residence and even bought a cake to celebrate. Dean is not just a publisher but an author in his own rights andContinue Reading

CFN – This months performances at the St. Lawrence Acoustic Stage once again included some great Canadian talent in the form of Del Barber and Brea Lawrenson. Brea Lawrenson is a 24 year old singer-songwriter who shows plenty of poise, determination and confidence on the stage. This is a returnContinue Reading

CFN – The Cornwall and District  Real Estate Board saw a record established when Remax Cornwall Realty agent Jacques Perreault .   The estate was listed for $2.2 million dollars and Mr. Perreault sat down and chatted with me about his record sale. We talked about what makes a good agentContinue Reading

CFN – Scary stuff tonight and this weekend at the Cornwall Jail!   It’s their Halloween Vampire tour!  Scary stuff as you’ll see from the video below. I toured the jail with Penny Rudderham of the The Seaway Roller Derby Girls who were lending a hand and having a blast!Continue Reading

CFN –    The Cornwall Regional Art Gallery has put out the following release: Making a call out to all you zany characters!  If you like to improvise you must come out to our open IMPROV NIGHTS at the gallery!  Our first one will be next Wednesday, November 2 at 7:00pm- 9pm(orContinue Reading