CFN –Have you ever heard of an organization called Green Drinks?  I attended my first gathering this past week in my community.  There are local groups from Argentina to Zambia.  The driving force behind these meetings is people’s passion and concern for our environment and sustainability.  Everyone who works orContinue Reading

Cornwall ON – On Wednesday September 14, the cast and crew of the /A\ Morning Show will be leaving their Byward Market studios and broadcasting live from Cornwall Ontario. The show will be live on the air from 6 am to 10 am. “We’re excited to get out on theContinue Reading

Toronto ON – The City of Toronto, together with the Honourable Margarett Best, Minister of Health Promotion and Sport; Holly Abraham, Chair of the Sport Alliance of Ontario; Rahul Bhardwaj, Chair of the Toronto 2012 Ontario Summer Games Organizing Committee, and Olympian Crispin Duenas will join in a celebration officiallyContinue Reading

CFN – Between the 1860’s and 1930’s, British Home Children came to this country as part of the Child Migration Scheme in Great Britain.  Aged from infancy to 18 years, most were orphans, or deemed to be at risk or had already committed minor crimes.  As part of this endeavour,Continue Reading

Cornwall ON – Pictured above one of last years foursome’s which includes Drive For a Cure committee members Bob Piteau (Event Chair), members Bruce Grant and Bill Dickie.  Come join them this year August 31st, at Cornwall Golf and Country Club.  For more information contact the Canadian Cancer Society.   SharynContinue Reading

CFN –  The audience at the Bell Centre in Montreal Wednesday night did not go away disappointed as the Foo Fighters played for nearly three hours!    Dave Grohl has come along way since Nirvana.   My pal and former Cornwall resident, Evie, and Seattle native caught the Foo Fighters and hadContinue Reading

Spencerville ON –   Looking for something to do this weekend? Summerfest with Riverthieves What: Summerfest Where: The Spencerville Mill When: August 19, 2011, 18:00 – 23:00 Cost: $35 per person, with a $17 tax receiptFine food and an evening’s entertainment in a heritage setting. Catered gourmet buffet.After dinner entertainment: Riverthieves Rousing/toe-tapping  Celtic and CanadianContinue Reading

Dear Editor, How much more evil can we become?  We get upset and ourtraged when a few protesters smash store windows and burn police cars but have no concept of how we are allowing our governments to perpetrate this death and destruction on innocent people in our name, with noContinue Reading

Cornwall ON – It’s only four and a half months until Christmas which means certain stores will have their displays out before September first!   Kidding.  I jest, but something I never jest about are good books, and I am very excited about E-Books and the technology available nowadays, soContinue Reading

Cornwall ON –I’ve never seen Arts and Culture be such a hot topic as it seems to be here in Cornwall Ontario.     The Culturescape report was released Monday night at city council.    It was attended by many from the ad hoc  Seaway Cultural Committee (formerly the CornwallContinue Reading

Morrisburg ON –  Leeds-Grenville MPP Steve Clark joined PC candidate for SD&SG Jim McDonell  in Morrisburg railing against high Hydro rates in Ontario and the Samsung deal that’s part of the Green Energy act Monday August 8th. “It is outrageous that Dalton McGuinty is thumbing his nose at Ontario familiesContinue Reading