Cornwall ON – People’s Alternative Life Skill Programs (Economic Assistance…Food Assistance) will be holding its Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 16, at 12:00 p.m., at Ecole Jean XXIII, 610 McConnell Avenue, Cornwall. Everyone is welcomed. For more information please call 613-932-9824. . Le Choix Alternatif vous invite à son assembléeContinue Reading

Cornwall ON – Des équipes de Cornwall Gravel Company ont commencé le 9 juin dernier à travailler sur le prolongement d’Industrial Park Drive jusqu’à la rue Tenth,  dans le Parc d’affaires de Cornwall. Le projet de 4M$ facilitera l’entretien et le développement d’environ 300 acres dans le Parc d’affaires. « Ce projet contribuera àContinue Reading

Morrisburg ON – (Harpocrat* ‘power grabber’ from Greek harpax, harpaktes ‘robber’; Latin harpyiae ‘harpies, rapacious monsters’; English harpy ‘greedy, cruel or grasping person’ + Greek kratos ‘power, might’)   Chorus: Listen to our Great Reformer! Leading us to the Promised Land! “Friends, in the name of Democracy obviouslyContinue Reading

Cornwall ON – La 3e édition du Salon des aînés du Centre de santé communautaire de l’Estrie (CSCE) fut un véritable succès! En effet, l’évènement, qui avait comme thème cette année « On s’informe », a attiré plus de 110 personnes au Centre Charles-Émile Claude, l’hôte du Salon, le 9 juin 2011.Continue Reading

Cornwall ON – Star Tek is letting  310 employees go and shutting down one of its sites in Kingston.  The company announced 100 new positions at its remaining Kingston location.    The company also has not made further notices in Cornwall where nearly 400 employees were given notices a whileContinue Reading

Cornwall ON – We’ve all seen them on the side of the road. Lines of bottles sitting in rows, with their signs written in black marker on a scrap piece of cardboard, all the while either oblivious or apathetic to the fact that their profits come at the cost ofContinue Reading

Ottawa ON – James Christie, founder of “Cycle for Lyme”, is now past the midway mark in his goal to cycle 2,000 km in 30 days There is now a brand new tourist attraction that will be bringing people into the Markstay, Ontario, area by the bus load. If you follow highwayContinue Reading

Ottawa ON – I got an urgent email this afternoon telling me to get myself to Ottawa to cover the first Anti-Harper rally.    Now it’s Friday and well..it’s Friday, but I hopped into my non air conditioned car and zoomed down.  Being a masochist I listened to CFRA (Continue Reading

Cornwall ON – MPP Jim Brownell was present at the Cornwall Community Hospital for probably his last time officially as MPP.    Mr. Brownell is retiring, but as he stated: Since being elected healthcare has always been my number one concern. That sentiment seemed to be echoed from management andContinue Reading

Long Sault ON – All lot of people were wondering where the heck Coffey’s Coffee was last week at the opening of the Cornwall Farmers Market?   He was in Long Sault at their Market on Friday afternoons!   You can find Reg Coffey and his amazing line of locallyContinue Reading

QUEEN’S PARK – Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak today issued the following statement regarding the tragic accident Wednesday night at the Stobie Mine in Sudbury. “On behalf of the Ontario PC Caucus, I want to offer our deepest condolences to the families of the Vale employees who died tragically atContinue Reading

CHESTERVILLE ON —Today, Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak and Jim McDonell, Ontario PC Candidate for Stormont-Dundas-South Glengarry, and Lisa MacLeod, MPP for Nepean-Carleton and PC critic for Revenue and Government Accountability, to announced that a PC Government will deliver change for Ontario farmers whose cost of production has skyrocketed ,Continue Reading

Cornwall ON – The woodturning work of local sculptor Brian Schofield, along with guests Derek Banke, Lionel Bedard, Lance Besharah, Garry Bowes, Pierre Cyr, Rohit Kent, and Bill Neddow will be showcased at the Cornwall Regional Art Gallery from June 17 to July 29, 2011. The opening reception is Friday night, June 17 at 7 pm. TheContinue Reading

CFN – The Friends of Crysler’s Farm Battlefield will be staging their annual military reenactment on July 9-10, 2011. Re-enactors portraying the military of 1812 will take part in three battles – Saturday and Sunday afternoon on the grounds of Crysler Memorial Park next to Upper Canada Village. Saturday night’sContinue Reading

Mountain ON- Seaway DHS will officially launch “Farm-to-School” in SDG on June 21st  .The school is hosting a special breakfast featuring local food for students, in partnership with Healthy Eating for Better Learning Student Nutrition Program, All Things Food SDG Community Food Network, and Growing Up Organic. Farm-to-School programs connect students withContinue Reading