Paws For Hope Walk a Thon – Ontario Cancer Society – September 20 Gray’s Creek Conservation Area

Paws For Hope Walk a Thon – Ontario Cancer Society – September 20 Gray’s Creek Conservation Area

If you click the poster above it will take you directly to the SD&G Homepage Bring your family and your furry, four-legged friend and walk with us to help fight cancer! Gray’s Creek Conservation Area Boundary Road, Cornwall, Ontario Sunday, September 20, 2009 Registration at 9 a.m. Walk begins at 9:30 a.m. rain or shine. […]

NAV CAN Lands Technical Security Conference April 18-21

NAV CAN Lands Technical Security Conference April 18-21

Congrats to Nav Can on bringing in this conference.  From the Press Release: “Cornwall Ontario Canada – The Professional Development TSCM Group Inc., and the Technical Security Branch (TSB) are pleased to announce the 5th annual three (3) day, Canadian Technical Security Conference (CTSC). CTSC 2010 is primarily sponsored by Professional Development TSCM Group Inc., […]

The Cornwall Free News in Franchising Negotiations

The Cornwall Free News in Franchising Negotiations

I figured I’d get the scoop on our paper’s news before someone else covered it.   We are in negotiation to franchise out The Cornwall Free News to two other Eastern Ontario cities.     This is amazing news for the paper as it will give us some resources to help build and grow. Thanks again to all […]

Glen Grant, a man of principle and Habs Fan

Glen Grant, a man of principle and Habs Fan

I have some Conservative roots.   I also love hockey.   So when the opportunity arose to sit down with the Cornwall City Councilor and our MP’s campaign manager I decided to take it. And honestly I was surprised and impressed by my encounter with Glen Grant.   We’re both Habs fans so we started on a good […]

Cornwall Standard Freeholder and Building for Sale?

Cornwall Standard Freeholder and Building for Sale?

Several employees have been rumbling that the Freeholder is officially up for sale building and all.   While there have been job trimmings (could that be why there were no reporters from the Freeholder at either the Liberal 0r NDP nomination meetings?) no official word has been confirmed as of the printing of this story. Hopefully […]

Friends of the Port Theatre or Foes?

Friends of the Port Theatre or Foes?

L I N K I love the Port Theatre.   I fell in love the first day I saw her.    When she was listed for sale a few years ago I met the current owner who has essentially worked there his entire adult life. I encouraged him to purchase the theatre chiefly because I couldn’t see […]

NDP Nomination Meeting Drums Up the CASH

NDP Nomination Meeting Drums Up the CASH

Another night, another nomination meeting.  This one served up some really good carrot cake though. It was all Darlene Jalbert last night at the Navy Club.  Surrounded by party faithful and committed volunteers Ms Jalbert enters her second attempt to unseat local MP Guy Lauzon. Cornwall City Councilor Elaine MacDonald led off in welcoming Darlene […]

New Polling Service Coming to Area

New Polling Service Coming to Area

We are going to be working with a new outfit that offer’s polling services to groups and companies.  From Politics to Product Marketing, local, regional or even world wide;  Polls can make or  break your business model or campaign. Email info@cornwallfreenews.com for more information. please visit our sponsors:

Thanks to our Sponsors We’ve Been Able to Upgrade

Thanks to our Sponsors We’ve Been Able to Upgrade

Thanks to our current and new sponsors we’ve been able to upgrade our web hosting service.  So if you notice the site loading a tad faster it’s thanks to you viewing and inspiring these businesses and services to invest in our community newspaper’s future! Keep up the good work and we’ll try and keep improving […]

So I was Talking with Dennis Carr….

So I was Talking with Dennis Carr….

So I was talking with Cornwall City Councilor Dennis Carr last week, who btw, is a great guy to talk to, especially if you are talking about Cornwall and its future, or Golf. The man has vision as we poured over some of the plans on his desk.    It’s not easy to be part of […]