The Cornwall Regional Art Gallery has sent a call to local artists and groups to share their craft with the community in a bid to raise awareness for the region’s cultural richness.
The first Annual Pitt Street Artfest is taking place between First Street and Second Street on the first weekend of October, from 10 AM to 10 PM on Saturday, and 11 AM to 5 PM on Sunday.
The Gallery is very excited with the response as artists from many disciplines will be participating.
Also at the event will be reality TV star and artist Jackie Gordon of The Bachelor, showing her paintings and sitting for local portraitist Deborah Kerr.
The Gallery has submitted a request for a temporary street closure to the City, which is currently under review.
The event, created for the second annual cross-Canadian Culture Days celebration, is all-ages and free to the public.
If interested in participating or volunteering please email email@example.com.
About Culture Days:
- Culture Days is a collaborative pan-Canadian, volunteer movement to raise the awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of all Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities.
- Culture Days is a grassroots movement that self-mobilizes to implement concurrent, annual, province-wide public participation events that take place throughout the country over the last weekend of September.
- This year, Culture Days is taking place throughout the country on September 30, October 1 & 2.
- Thousands of artists, individuals, organizations and communities are involved in organizing Culture Days.
- Culture Days events feature free, hands-on, interactive activities that invite the public to participate “behind the scenes,” to discover the world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators, and designers at work in their community.
- Culture Days is the largest-ever grassroots campaign to celebrate the arts and promote cultural participation in Canada.
- You can find out more via the Culture Days web site: CultureDays.ca