And they say the youth of Cornwall have nothing to do! The Cornwall Free News is proud to be a Media Sponsor for COSMIC CHRISTMAS!
First Annual Independent Art and Music Event takes place December 23rd at Murphy’s Inn
Join old and new friends at this year’s Cosmic Christmas, Cornwall’s totally local independent art and music event – the perfect time to find out what old pals have been doing!
On December 23rd at Murphy’s Inn (doors open at 8pm), Painted Forest, Dogfight Champion and Tracy Lalonde featuring Matt Bell will provide the soundtrack for this all local art event.
“Cosmic Christmas is the perfect opportunity to discover Cornwall’s burgeoning independent art scene,” says event organizer Jeremy Pommier. “For $5 ($2 with a wrapped gift) the audience will be enriched by 3 local bands, a free gift from under the Christmas tree (including gifts from Fantasy Realm, Sk8 City and Pommier Jewellers), also featuring an atmospheric mix tape and a slew of the coolest local art. We hope to see everyone come out to celebrate Christmas and Cornwall’s local culture!”
- PAINTED FOREST –
- DOGFIGHT CHAMPION
- TRACY LALONDE featuring MATT BELL –
In exploring Cornwall’s art underground culture event organizer Jeremy Pommier discovered a rich pool of local talent including ….
DAVE CLARK – Broken Bones Skateboards & painter! (originally from B.C.)
- CANDICE NIXON – Melting Pot Studios Award winning (Women’s entrepreneur of the year 08’) glass art!
- CHRIS WEBBER – Painter! (now in Ottawa)
- D.C. NCHAMA – Sketch artist & painter! (now in Toronto)
- HARMONY WALKER – Fashion Designer! (now in Montreal)
- JON SOOKOCHEFF – Writer & yoga instructor (Yoga moves for dudes)! (originally from Saskatoon)
- SIMON ACROYD – Sketch Artist, Painter & Tattoo Artist!
- JEREMY POMMIER – Collage Artist & Musician! (second fiddle in the Painted Forest!)
- CHAD COLEMAN – Comic Artist & Songsmith (Painted Forest!)
Plus how can we forget the zine table gals (Amy DuLion, Shannon Leigh and Laura Coons) who will bring some fun home made jewellery and a little memorabilia.
For more information contact:
please visit our sponsors: