CORNWALL REGIONAL TASK FORCE SEIZES CONTRABAND TOBACCO
Cornwall ON – The Cornwall Regional Task Force (CRTF) is very pro-active and continues to make seizures of contraband tobacco products. Between April 22nd, 2010 and May 5th, 2010, officers from the CRTF made seizures in the following regions:
- 1 seizure in Morrisburg, Ontario
- 2 seizures in Cornwall, Ontario
- 2 seizures in South Glengarry, Ontario
These seizures resulted in the arrest of five individuals
- 2 from Cornwall, Ontario,
1 from St. Regis, Quebec,
1 from Laval, Quebec,
All are facing charges for possession of a tobacco product not properly stamped according to the Excise Act 2001 and/or under authority of the Provincial Tobacco Tax Act.
44 year old Darron Doxtator from Oneida, Ontario, who is charged with possession of a tobacco product not properly stamped according to the Excise Act 200. He also faces charges under authority of the Provincial Tobacco Tax Act.
• 5 vehicles described as 2003 Ford Focus, 2001 Chevrolet S10 pick-up truck, 2002 Ford Econoline E250 van, 2004 Chevrolet Venture van, 1995 Chevrolet Astro van
• 3,400 assorted re-sealable bags each containing 200 cigarettes
• 633 kilograms of fine cut tobacco
• $920 CND currency
The CRTF’s investigations are very active along the smuggling routes used by organized crime groups. This is a deterrent and helps to prevent criminal activity within our communities.
please visit our sponsors: