CFN – The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of two arrests in connection with a drug-and-gun investigation in the Main Street and Gerrard Street East area.
It is alleged that:
– in the course of the execution of a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant, a 17-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl were found in possession of a loaded, semi-automatic handgun
– 600 grams of cocaine, 20 grams of crack cocaine and 10 grams of marijuana were seized
– approximately $20,000 cash was seized
The Young Persons were arrested and jointly charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
2. Careless storage of a Firearm
3. Careless storage of Ammunition
4. Possession of a Firearm Knowing Unlawful
5. Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited device
6. Traffic in Cocaine
7. Possession of Cocaine
8. Produce Crack Cocaine
9. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
10. Possession of Marihuana
They were scheduled to appear in court at 311 Jarvis Street on Tuesday, February 11, 2014, at 10 a.m..
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.