FIRE Guts Historic Catholic Church in St. Isidore Ontario JULY 23, 2016

FIRE Guts Historic Catholic Church in St. Isidore Ontario JULY 23, 2016

The day was marred by a fire that gutted a historic church in the small town of St. Isidore near Ottawa Ontario.

church fire st Isadore FACEBOOK

The rural town has approximately 750 residents.  NHL player, and former Montreal Canadien Benoit Pouliot hails from the town.

The fire quickly engulfed the building in the centre of the community.

church fire st isadore facebook fin

The fire gutted the Church.  CFN will update as more information becomes available.

If you see news happen email us your video or photos to info@cornwallfreenews.com.

You could win area event tickets or gift cards!

Photos: facebook

12 Responses to "FIRE Guts Historic Catholic Church in St. Isidore Ontario JULY 23, 2016"

1. Marianne   July 24, 2016 at 11:44 PM

It’s a shame that the video includes so many uses of foul language. I’m glad I wasn’t watching it with my 4 and 5 year old kids near by.

2. Furtz   July 25, 2016 at 8:20 AM

Holy Smoke!

3. jules   July 25, 2016 at 1:04 PM

The idiot that took this film kept using profound language every few words that he could utter out of his snout. I am surprised that Jamie didn’t bleep a lot of his vulgur language. Marianne kids are learning a great deal worse in school these days. I wouldn’t send my kids to the public school system these days.

4. admin   July 25, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Jules it’s not my video so I can’t edit it. In 2016 I’d think that most people would have heard that word before, even if it’s offensive to some.

5. jules   July 25, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Jamie we have all heard those words before and so much more but this has to do with young children as Marianne pointed out. Yes children learn a great deal worse in the school systems these days and I thank God that I no longer have any kids left in school. Gee these are the words that my husband told the principal in Cornhole many years ago.

6. Furtz   July 25, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Nothing wrong with a potty-mouth describing a fire. I mean, Holy (moderated).. that was one mother (moderated) hot fire! You don’t get on-the-spot reporters like that every day.

7. David Oldham   July 26, 2016 at 8:07 AM

Sounded like a tamed down version of a Cornwall eastender.

8. jules   July 26, 2016 at 11:35 AM

I remember when we first came to Ottawa in the mid 70’s and my husband was working for an embassy and one of the drivers was teaching my husband the potty mouth French Canadian words and he was from Hull Québec now Gatineau. Only the low lifes speak like that over the air waves. Jamie you shouldn’t have posted it like that because it belittles you.

9. Hugger1   July 26, 2016 at 12:23 PM

It does not belittle Jamie. He posted a video that he felt we needed to see. “Air waves?” This was not broadcast over the radio or TV. Time to join us in reality.

10. jules   July 26, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Hugger the air waves also have to do with the internet and most people today used the internet more than radio or TV. Only the old folks use TV and radio. We have everything here at home and I don’t look at TV at all. My husband falls asleep watching TV with thousands of channels working.

11. Hugger1   July 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Raw video has its advantages and disadvantages. Being unable to edit or mute is one disadvantage.

12. jules   July 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Jamie we have all heard those horrible words before but these words are “blasphamous” and not the usual words that begin with F or with S or whatever. You know what those words mean since you were raised in Montréal and it is very offensive. I wish that there was a way of blocking off the words in that video – many people look at your site and listen to it.