September 21, 2023 – IMPAIRED DRIVING CHARGES (SOUTH DUNDAS, ON) – The Stormont Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged a driver with impaired driving following a collision.
On September 18, 2023, shortly after 7:00 p.m., SD&G officers responded to a single motor vehicle collision on County Road 2, in South Dundas Township.
Dillon SHAVER, aged 30, of South Dundas, Ontario was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero
- Class G1 licence holder – unaccompanied by qualified driver
- Driver – fail to properly wear seat belt
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario
Court of Justice in Morrisburg on October 31, 2023
RECOVERED STOLEN MOTOR VEHICLES
(SOUTH GLENGARRY, ON) – On September 18, 2023, shortly after 7:30 a.m., SD&G officers recovered two stolen motor vehicles on highway 401, eastbound in the South Glengarry Township. Further investigation revealed that the motor vehicles were stolen from the Toronto area.
Jean-Philippe CORBIN-MERCIER, 31-years-old from St-Esprit QC and Dominick LAPOINTE, 20-years-old from St-Lin-Laurentides QC were arrested and charged with:
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Possession Break In Instruments-two counts
- Dangerous operation
- Flight from peace officer
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Mischief Under $ 5,000
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine
CORBIN-MERCIER was charged with two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order.
Both accused were held in custody and are scheduled to appear at the Cornwall Court of Justice.