Cornwall ON –Candy Pollard has joined the Cornwall Economic Development team as the new Business Consultant with the Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre.
“Ms. Pollard brings with her a lengthy background of service to the local business community as well as experience running her own business,” said Mark Boileau, Manager of Economic Development with the City of Cornwall. “Small business is the lifeblood of a community, and Ms. Pollard is well suited to mentoring entrepreneurs and delivering the programs of the Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre.”
Candy Pollard will be familiar to many in the local business community. For the past two decades she has worked at Cornwall & Seaway Valley Tourism, the last 15 years as the Marketing and Events Co-ordinator. In that role she worked with dozens of small business owners to realize their marketing and business objectives. She is also a current Board member of Kinsmen Cornwall Lift-Off, and in 2008 was Chair of the committee that successfully organized the RBC Cup National Junior A Hockey Championship. She has operated Studio “C” Dance School for the past 20 years, helping many children develop skills and an appreciation for dancing. She is a long-time member of Team Cornwall.
The Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre provides support to start-up and small enterprises during their initial years of development and operation. Entrepreneurs are provided with business consulting services and information covering management, marketing, technology and financing. The Centre also administers the popular Summer Company program for student entrepreneurs. The Business Enterprise Centre is a program of the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Trade (MEDT), and is operated in partnership with the City of Cornwall.
The Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre offers entrepreneurs in Cornwall and SD&G one-stop convenience for a wide variety of support resources including:
- Free consultations with a qualified business consultant
- Review of business plans
- Consultations through our lawyer/accountant referral service
- Up-to-date, leading-edge information that’s yours for the taking – booklets, pamphlets, brochures, articles – all geared to the needs of the entrepreneur
- Access to current resource materials, including directories, trade indexes and books that you can peruse on-site
- Workshops and seminars, including the annual ARTpreneur conference
- Guidance on licenses, permits, registration, regulations and other forms and documents required to start and build a business
- Import and export information
- Information on patents, copyright and trademarks
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Internet and computer access for business research and planning
The Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre has relocated to the Cornwall Civic Complex at 100 Water Street East, Suite 104. The new phone number is (613) 933-0074.