The SDG Food Council, sponsor of the SDG Farm Fresh food directory (www.sdgfarmfresh.com), invites you to a constructive workshop on an SDG local food movement with Wayne Roberts from the Toronto Food Policy Council (TFPC).
Dr. Wayne Robert’s is the author of “The No-Nonsense Guide to World Food” and a weekly columnist for Toronto’s NOW Magazine where he generally focuses on themes that link local food, social justice, public health and green economics. Among being an author of several books and recipient of many prominent awards, Dr. Robert’s has been around the world speaking about strategies that combine food security, community empowerment, environmental improvement, social equity, and job creation.
This event is organized for :
– Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry counties, including the City of Cornwall and the Akwesasne First Nation.
– local farmers, processors, and businesses interested in a local food economy.
– NGOs, municipal, civil, and community organizations interested in local food, nutrition and health, and food security.
– private citizens interested in a local food movement.
Where and when:
– Friday, February 26th, from 9Am to 3PM.
– Ramada Inn, Cornwall.
– Lunch included.
Objectives of the workshop:
– Learn what a local food movement is all about.
– Acquire best practices and models from other jurisdictions.
– Update everyone about current local accomplishments.
– Engage participants in the next steps for a local food strategy.
– Identify local leadership to move us forward
To reserve your seat, please RSVP.
T: 613-984-0480 ext 225