Cornwall ON – The Cornwall Community Police Service would like to remind vehicle owners of the dangers of leaving vehicles unlocked or valuables in plain view. There has been an increase in thefts and we would like to remind you on ways to protect yourself from becoming a victim.
A professional can steal your vehicle in just 30 seconds. A vehicle with an unlocked door or an open window is an easy target. Protect your vehicle from theft. Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the keys when you park your car. Park in a well-lit area and never leave valuables in plain view.
Here are some auto theft protection tips:
– Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
– Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
– If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
– Never leave your car keys in plain view or in an easily accessible area.
– Keep your vehicle registration certificate and proof of insurance on you at all times. Don’t leave these documents in the glove compartment.
– Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
– Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Ie. GPS, cell phones, i-pods etc.
– Always remove loose change or money from plain view.
– Give only your ignition key to a parking lot attendant. Keep all other keys with you.
– Inform our service if you see vehicles or vehicle-related activities that look suspicious.
The Cornwall Community Police is committed to the safety of our residents and their personal belongings, our vision….:A safer Cornwall, reducing crime always”.
Good advice. Last time I left 80 Kilos of cocaine sitting on my dashboard near a hockey bag full of cash on my front seat over night my window was broken into and my stuff was gone. Don’t learn the hard way.