Cornwall ON – The Cornwall Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit assisted by the OPP S,D&G units and the Cornwall Regional Task Force (CRTF) conducted 3 search warrants in the South Glengarry area on December 10th, 2010 that resulted in the arrest of 4 individuals and the seizure of the following items:
- Items Seized:
- (22) weapons described as follows: (21) long guns and one (1) sawed off shotgun;
- Large amount of ammunition;
- One (1) vehicle described as a 1996 Dodge Caravan;
- 329 re-sealable baggies and cartons each containing approximately 200 contraband cigarettes;
- $35,000 in Canadian currency
The investigation is still ongoing, more arrests and charges are pending.
“Cornwall CSFEU works hard to make our communities a safer place to live, however, your assistance in staying vigilant and informing us of any suspicious activities will help us in being even more successful”
said Cst. Jean Juneau of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. If you have information regarding criminal activity in your area, you can contact the CRTF at 613-937-2800 or call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
We would like to wish everyone a safe and healthy holiday season.