Cornwall ON – Tragedy is never welcome, but at Christmas and the holidays it’s especially brutal as Ashley MacDonald and her 8 year old son found out when their home caught on fire.
The mother of one was not home when her home caught fire. Smoke detectors and alarms signaled and the Cornwall Fire Department quickly put out the blaze.
Sadly for Ms MacDonald her home was a total write off with no contents salvageable.
With no insurance the community has stepped up and are making this Christmas as bearable as possible.
Donations have been flooding into the Agape and Cornwall Housing since the notice went out. Staff from Cornwall Housing have even agreed to deliver items for Ashleyincluding a nearly new living room set donated by one of the staff!
The Agapè Centre is at 40 Fifth Street West here in Cornwall Ontario.
Call 613-938-9297 for more information or to find out how to help the community at this time of the year when so many need it most.
For more on Cornwall Social Housing contact
them at The Social Housing Registry of Cornwall & SDG 1916 Pitt Street – Unit 11, Cornwall, Ontario, K6J 5H3 or you can phone them at Tel: (613) 938-7717 or Toll free at 1-800-267-2435.
You can also visit them on the web by clicking HERE.
Mark Macdonald and Peggy Fulton of Cornwall Housing
Ashley Macdonald at the fire scene.
Thanks jamie, and the cornwall free news for doing such a great Job for helping the Mcdonald family. Getting this message out to the public for support is what community is all about.
Thank you Bryan. Community is very important and in this day of big corporate chain media we feel that local can make a big difference. Merry Christmas to you and may 2011 bring you much joy, health, and success!