DRUG SEARCH WARRANT EXECUTED
Cornwall, ON- Members of the Cornwall Community Police Service Street Crime Unit executed a drug search warrant on July 25th, 2013 at a Larin St. residence. As a result of the investigation a male was arrested and taken into custody.
Michel Lauzon, 48 of Cornwall was arrested and charged with the following:
- · Production of Marihuana
- · Possession of Marihuana
- · Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine
- · Possession of Cocaine
- · Possession of Hydromorphone
- · Breach of Probation X 1
- · Tampering with Serial Number of a Firearm
- · Unauthorized possession of a Firearm
- · Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- · Breach of Firearm Prohibition
- · Resist Arrest
He was held in custody for a bail hearing. The total value of seized drugs is estimated to be approximately $100.00 which consisted of several cloned plants, a small quantity of marijuana, cocaine and hydromorphone.
DOMESTIC BREACHES, WARRANT
Cornwall, ON- A 36-year-old Cornwall man was arrested on the 25th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 20th of July, 2013 he attempted to contact his 21-year-old ex-girlfriend on different occasions. The man was breaching his Probation order of no communicating with the female and failing to keep the peace. The man attended police headquarters in order to deal with the matter. He was charged accordingly and held for a bail hearing. His name was not released as it might identify the victim.
Cornwall, ON- A 24-year-old Cornwall female was arrested on the 25th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 15th of November, 2012 she changed a previous statement given to police that resulted in her 25-year-old boyfriend being charged with Assault. On the 25th of July, 2013 she attended police headquarters to deal with the matter. She was charged with Public Mischief and given a court date of the 12th of September, 2013. Her name was not released as it may identify the victim in this matter.
Cornwall, ON- Kenneth Youngs, 45 of Cornwall was arrested on the 25th of July, 2013. It is alleged that he failed to attend court on the 18th of July, 2013 and a warrant was issued. On the 25th of July, 2013 the man attended police headquarters to deal with the matter. He was taken into custody and held for a bail hearing.
Cornwall, ON- Christina Lafrance, 29 of Cornwall was arrested on the 25th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 25th of July, 2013 she attended a Brookdale Ave. store and removed some property without making attempts to pay. Police were contacted and an investigation ensued. During their investigation they located the female and it was learned that the female was bound by a Probation order with conditions of not to attend that specific store and to keep the peace. The female was taken into custody and charged accordingly. She was then held for a bail hearing.
Cornwall, ON- Shane Scrivin, 35 of Cornwall was arrested on the 25th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 25th of July, 2013 he attended the Cornwall Square and removed some property from one of the merchants without making attempts to pay. Loss Prevention officers apprehended the man and Police were contacted. During their investigation it was learned that the man was bound by a Probation order with conditions to keep the peace. The man was taken into custody and charged accordingly. He was then released with a court date of the 12th of September, 2013.
Cornwall, ON- Trevor Seguin, 21 of Cornwall was arrested on the 26th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 26th of July, 2013 he was spotted by an officer on Community Patrol in the area of Montreal Road and Carleton Street. The officer detected an odour of alcohol and learned that the man had recently moved. The man was also known to police to be on a curfew. Investigation revealed that he was bound by two separate Undertakings with the following relevant conditions:
- · Keep the peace
- · Notify Cornwall Police within 24hrs of a change of address
- · To abstain from consumption of alcohol
- · To abide by a curfew of 22:00-06:00
He was subsequently charged accordingly and held for a bail hearing.
From the SIU;
SIU Investigates Shooting on Crotch Lake
Case Number: 13-PFI-178
Mississauga (26 July, 2013) — Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the firearm injuries sustained by a 45-year-old male on Crotch Lake at approximately 5:00 PM yesterday afternoon.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Lanark County Detachment attended a rural residence on Crotch Lake, Central Frontenac.
• There was an interaction between OPP officers and the male at the residence;
• A police firearm was discharged, striking the male.
• The man underwent surgery for his injuries at Kingston General Hospital and remains in serious condition.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident. At this time the SIU has designated 2 subject officers and 6 witness officers in relation to this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1935 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1935.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.