CFN – Through a series of investigations, Toronto Police became aware that children were allegedly being lured into providing pictures of themselves on the internet by a woman.
It is alleged that:
– she used a number of online personas, to appear like a man
– she convinced young boys to provide explicit pictures
– she sold or gave those pictures away to others using the internet
She used the names “Dylan”, “Brandon”, and “Shawn” when chatting over the internet. She used the email addresses “firstname.lastname@example.org”, and “email@example.com”.
On Tuesday, March 25, 2014, Toronto Police Sex Crimes – Child Exploitation Section, attended a home in the Midland Avenue and Danforth Avenue area.
Jennifer Young, 22, was arrested and faces the following charges:
1) three counts of Luring a Child (under 18)
2) Possession of Child Pornography
3) Accessing Child Pornography
4) Making Child Pornography
5) Distribute Child Pornography
She was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 10 a.m., courtroom 507.
Police believe there may be more victims. Parents, guardians and caregivers are reminded to monitor children more closely while on the internet.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.