CFN – Kristin Blasiak, the Paleo Princess, will be sharing her recipes and meals of her travels all focused onPaleo Principles.
Today’s recipe is Apple Chops and Sweet Potato Fries!
- Pork chops
- Salt & pepper
- Avocado oil
- Onions sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 apples (any kind), sliced into thin wedges
- Parsley to garnish
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In cast iron skillet, heat avocado oil and cook chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Add onions to pan and cook for about 5 minutes
- Whisk together apple juice, cider vinegar, sugar and salt, add and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add apples, cover and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return pork to pan and garnish with parsley
As a fairly recent Paleo devotee, my successes and failures are dedicated to leading a healthy Paleo-inspired lifestyle. Most of my recipes do not include exact measurements because I rely heavily on my intuition when cooking. These measurements also fluctuate depending on how many people you are cooking for and your personal preferences so I invite you to put your own personal spin on any recipes I post.
Please update me with any interesting additions or alterations to my recipes, I am always open to trying new things! And please post your comments below; especially how the recipe worked out when you try it!