OPPMOTOR VEHICLE COLLISION CLOSES OFF-RAMP

(South Glengarry) – SD&G OPP officers are currently at the scene of a serious collision involving a motorcycle which occurred at approximately 11:45am on the eastbound off-ramp of Highway 401 at the Lancaster exit (814), South Glengarry Township.

Investigation indicates that a Harley Davidson motorcycle being driven by a lone male occupant went out of control as it exited Highway 401. The driver was taken to hospital via ambulance with serious injuries. The eastbound off-ramp (only) is closed to traffic. Eastbound lanes of Highway 401 remain open.

SD&G OPP officers, assisted by OPP Technical Traffic Collision Investigators continue the investigation.

6 Responses to "OPP ALERT Harley Davidson Crash Closes Off Ramp on Hwy 401 at Lancaster Ontario Exit 814 – July 23,2014"

1. Mark   July 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM

How can I find out if the individual who lost control of his bike is ok? I was at the scene and would love to know if he is doing alright

2. Hugger1   July 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Try calling the OPP.

3. Furtz   July 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Unfortunately, Harley Davidson motorcycles have never been designed to go around corners or handle decently on twisty roads.

4. Christine Dallaire   July 24, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Hello Mark!
    I am Christian’s daughter. Its my father who had the accident. Can I communicate with you? This is my email adresse: christine.dallaire@hotmail.com
    Thank you very much!

5. jules   July 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Furtz you wanted me on a motorcycle? Me? LOL LOL. You are a funny guy indeed. I don’t know if you ever drove in Ottawa lately but one has to be completely nuts to undertake that. I am not just talking about motor bykes but cars as well. Everyone needs a good psychiatrist who drives here in Ottawa.

6. admin   July 25, 2014 at 5:04 AM

They always did Jules. I’ve always been more nervous driving in Ottawa than in Montreal.