(North Dundas) – On January 1, 2015 at approximately 3:28am, SD&G OPP officers responded to a report of a domestic dispute at a residence on College Street, North Dundas Township. Investigation indicated that a dispute between an adult male and his spouse resulted in the female being assaulted. The male also caused damage within the home.
The 45-year-old male was arrested and is charged with;
– Assault – Spousal
– Overcome Resistance by Attempting to Choke Another Person
– Mischief – Domestic
He was released and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on January 20, 2105.
(North Dundas) – On January 1, 2015 at approximately 8:32am, SD&G OPP officers responded to a report of a domestic dispute on Clarence Street, North Dundas Township. Investigation indicated that a dispute between an adult female and her spouse resulted in the male being assaulted as he sat in a vehicle.
The 35-year-old female was arrested and is charged with;
– Assault – Spousal
She was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on January 20, 2105.
The 31-year-old male was also arrested and is charged with;
– Refuse to Provide Sample – Blood/Alcohol Content
He was released is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Morrisburg on February 3, 2015.
DRUGS SEIZED AT TRAFFIC STOP
(South Stormont) – On January 1, 2015 at approximately 12:54am, SD&G OPP officers stopped a vehicle on Highway 138, South Stormont Township. The stop resulted in the seizure of a quantity of suspected marihuana.
The adult male driver, Jay HILCHEY (44) of Alfred-Plantagenet Township was arrested and is charged with;
– Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Under 3 Kilograms
– Possession of a Controlled Substance –Over 30 Grams
He was released and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on February 10, 2015.
(North Dundas) – Overnight (December 31, 2014 – January 1, 2015), a vehicle was damaged while parked at a residence on John Street, North Dundas Township. The taillights of a 2006 Ford F150 pick-up were smashed and a quantity of cash was removed from inside.
An investigation continues.
BREACH OF CONDITIONS
(South Dundas) – On December 30, 2014 at approximately 8:41pm, SD&G OPP officers responded to a residence on County Road 7, South Dundas Township following a report of an adult male in breach of several conditions imposed from a previous incident.
A 46-year-old, from South Dundas Township was arrested and is charged with;
– Fail to Comply with Recognizance (3 counts)
He was held in custody pending an appearance (bail) at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall today (December 31, 2014)
Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) would like to encourage everyone to assess and be aware of conditions before venturing out on ice covered bodies of water.
Ice is never 100% safe even though you may have tested the thickness. If you do venture out on the ice, please follow these tips to help keep you safe;
• Check the weather- Do not go out on warm or stormy days
• Do not travel on ice if you have consumed alcohol or drugs
• Do not travel on ice alone or in the dark
• Keep away from unfamiliar paths or ice
• NEVER go out on the ice alone- always have a buddy with you
• Always let someone know your destination and time of return
• Children should be accompanied by an adult when out on the ice
• Carry a small survival kit on your person-including ice picks, rope, a lighter, waterproof matches, magnesium fire starter, pocket knife, compass and whistle
Ice is constantly changing in response to weather and water conditions and is effected by many different factors including thickness, currents, age of the ice, pressure cracks and snow cover.
East Region OPP encourages everyone to stay off the ice when conditions are obviously dangerous especially in the early winter and late spring. If in doubt, Don’t go out!
For more information from the OFSC go to their website at www.ofsc.on.ca or visit the Canadian Red Cross at www.redcross.ca/what-we-do/