(Ottawa) –The Ottawa Police Service Central Criminal Investigation Unit is seeking the public’s assistance in locating Mathew LAND. He is the suspect in an aggravated assault investigation in the 200 block of Desrosiers Street in Vanier yesterday. Two people were injured and transported to a local hospital.
Mathew LAND, 34 years old of Ottawa, is described as an Aboriginal male, 6’ (183cm), 205 lbs (93kg) with short dark hair, brush cut (see picture).
He is charged with:
- Aggravated assault x 2 counts
- Assault with a weapon x 2 counts
- Possession of a weapon dangerous x 2 counts
- Use a firearm, while committing an indictable offence x 1 counts
- Possess a firearm, while prohibited from doing so by reason of a court order x 2 counts
Please do not approach him if you see him; he is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Mathew LAND or this investigation is asked to call Ottawa Police’s Central Criminal Investigation Unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 5166.