(WENDOVER, ON) On Tuesday, April 18, 2016 members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Hawkesbury detachment and Forensics Identification Services Unit (FISU) attended a residence where unidentified human remains were located along the shores of the Ottawa River off of Division Road, Wendover ON.
The body was removed from the river and transported to Ottawa Hospital where a post mortem examination was conducted on April 19, 2017.
The unidentified human remains were determined to be a male of approximately 40-50 years of age and approximately six (6) feet in height with a shaved head and facial hair described as stubble or unshaven.
At the time this male was located he was wearing:
– Size 11, black “Airwalk” running shoes, with a distinctive fluorescent yellow/green sole and tongue
– Olive coloured jacket with zipper up the front, a quilted liner and velcro wrist cuffs
– A dark long sleeved shirt with a knitted greyish/blue coloured sweater over top
– Black nylon track pants with a two tone grey strip on the side of the leg
– White or grey long underwear and maroon coloured thick wool socks
OPP have been unable to determine the identity of this male and are asking for the public’s assistance. Russell County OPP Crime Unit and Forensics Identification Services Unit (FISU) will be continuing with the investigation under the direction of Detective Inspector Daniel Nadeau of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB).