POLICE REQUEST PUBLIC ASSISTANCE IN IDENTIFYING SUSPICIOUS PERSON
(ROCKLAND, ON) – On Wednesday, December 7, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) – Russell County detachment – received a complaint about a suspicious person who approached children walking home from school in Rockland, ON near the path by the water tower.
This unknown male engaged in an English conversation with the children asking if they wanted to follow him home to get gingerbread houses. The young person ran away and the male did not pursue them.
The male is described as:
- Wearing a black toque as well as a black balaclava
- Wearing a black leather jacket
- Wearing black “magic” mitts
- Black pant tight fitting possibly leggings or joggings pants
- Black lace up boots almost to his knee
- Pants tucked into his boots
- Between 5’8″ and 6 foot
- Medium build
- Approximately 170 – 200 pounds
- Spoke in English with a deep voice
- Male was carrying a black garbage bag
If you or anyone you know are aware of this male’s identity or have any further information about this incident, you are asked to contact the Russell County OPP at 613-443-4499