SD&G OPP NEWS
(STORMONT, DUNDAS & GLENGARRY, ON) – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 78 calls for service from Monday December 31, 2018 to Wednesday January 2, 2019.
Among these occurrences, SD&G OPP responded to:
– 8 Motor Vehicle collisions
– 7 calls for Police assistance
– 4 – 911 calls
– 9 traffic complaints
– 3 Traffic enforcement occurrences
– 9 RIDE Programs
– 2 Domestic disputes
– 1 warrant calls
– 1 mental health act calls
– 1 threats calls
– 2 Alarms
– 1 Frauds
– 1 Mischief
(SOUTH DUNDAS, ON) – On January 1, 2019 at approximately 3:am, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers were conducting a RIDE Program on Bank St in South Dundas Township. The investigation revealed that an adult male driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Eric HELDENS (26) of South Dundas Township, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration 80 plus
– Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
He was released and is scheduled to appear in Morrisburg Court February 5, 2019.
(NORTH DUNDAS, ON) – On January 1, 2019 at approximately 11:51am, SD&G OPP officers responded to a report of a family dispute on Main Street in North Dundas Township. Investigation indicated that an altercation had taken place between family members. The Investigation revealed that an adult female had assaulted adult.
Chelsey Ann NORTH (26) of North Dundas was arrested and is charged with;
– 1 counts of Assault
– 1 count of Breach of Recognizance
She was held in custody pending a court appearance (bail) at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
Between December 31, 2018, and January 1, 2019 SD&G OPP officers conducted speed measuring enforcement on Highway 401, intercepted a vehicle for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicle was impounded and the driver’s permit seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy.
– January 1, 2019 – 12:02pm (South Glengarry) vehicle stopped travelling 153km/h (100km/h zone) on Hwy 401. Male driver (23) from Etobicoke, Ontario was charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.