ROBBERY WITH VIOLENCE
OPP CHARGES ONE PERSON
(SOUTH GLENGARRY, ON) – On December 9, 2019 at approximately 8:10 p.m., members of the Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a robbery in a residence on County Road 25 in South Glengarry Township.
The investigation has determined that two individuals broke into the residence. The victim was held against his will and was assaulted. Items were also taken from the house.
On December 13, 2019 Justin CLOUTIER, aged 24, of Cornwall, Ontario was arrested and charged with;
– Robbery using a firearm
– Assault with a weapon ( two counts)
– Forcible confinement
– Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose ( two counts)
– Break and enter
– Fail to comply with conditions of a probation order ( three counts)
– Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
– Assault cause bodily harm
– Mischief under $5000
– Unauthorized possession of a weapon
– Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling ( cannabis act)
– Possession of illicit cannabis (CA)
The accused was held in custody (bail) pending an appearance at Cornwall Court.
An investigation continues.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122