OCTOBER 1, 2020 – Felicia Fefer from Walmart confirmed (3) total Positive Covid-19 tests at their distribution Centres, and one store worker has tested positive as well bringing the current case total to four in Cornwall Ontario.
From Ms Fefer:
“Three associates from our Cornwall Distribution Centres have recently tested positive for COVID-19. We’re keeping the associates in our thoughts and wish them a speedy recovery. Out of an abundance of caution, associates identified as being in close prolonged contact have been directed to self-isolate. We conducted a deep cleaning. We are in contact with local public health. The distribution centre associates last worked Sept. 20, Sept. 15 and Sept. 12, respectively.
We can also confirm an associate at our Cornwall Walmart Store has also recently tested positive for COVID-19. The store associate last worked Sept. 24 Safety continues to be a top priority at Walmart. Rest assured, we will continue to take measures to support the well-being of our customers and associates, including:
- Increased cleaning throughout the store.
- Wellness checks that include a temperature check for all associates at the start of each shift.
- Limiting the number of customers shopping in the store at one time.
- Cleaning shopping carts.
- Encouraging regular handwashing.
- Regular cleaning of work areas (including checkouts).
- Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers, customer service desks and in our pharmacies.
- Introduced floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.
- Mandatory masks for customers and associates.”
CFN wishes speedy recoveries to those Walmart workers impacted and a safe quarantine to those waiting results of tests.
We can be reached at email@example.com