PROJECT PARADIGM IS A DRUG ENFORCEMENT TEAM COMPRISED OF OFFICERS FROM THE ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE DRUG ENFORCEMENT UNIT AND OPP DETACHMENTS IN EASTERN ONTARIO
North Lancaster, ON – On the night of the 03rd of May 2010, members of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SDG) OPP Detachment and the Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) – Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) – Project Paradigm, assisted by the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT), and Canine Unit conducted a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) warrant at a residence and steel barn located on County Road 18, North Lancaster (South Glengarry Twp), ON.
When police arrived at scene, a male fled the scene and was quickly apprehended by the Canine officer.
Police uncovered an indoor marihuana grow operation inside a large steel barn, along with a hydro by-pass. Marihuana plants were being processed inside the residence.
Police dismantled the operation the following day. As a result, police seized:
- 269 budding marihuana plants inside the steel barn.
- 600 cannabis marihuana plants had also been recently harvested.
- 25 pounds of packaged marihuana bud
- various grow equipment, and
- two (2) insecure long-guns with ammunition.
The projected street value of the cannabis marihuana plants is estimated at $269,000. The street value of the cannabis marihuana bud is estimated at $113,500.
Total estimated street value: $382,500.
Rejean GRENIER (40) of St-Clet, Quebec, was held for a bail hearing, and charged with:
- Production of cannabis marihuana
- Possession of cannabis marihuana for the purpose of trafficking
- Theft of Hydro
please visit our sponsors: