Ontario Provincial Police News Portal OPP Media Release RUSSELL COUNTY SIGNIFICANT NARCOTICS SEIZURE AND TWO ARRESTS 2016-04-06
(Embrun, Ontario) – On April 4th 2016, members of the Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) – Drug Enforcement Unit (Cornwall & Ottawa) – assisted by the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Russell County OPP (Embrun) Detachment Crime Unit served a Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA) search warrant at an apartment building in Embrun (ON).
Michel BEAUREGARD, 41 & Mario LAMADELEINE, 36 of Embrun (ON) were arrested in possession of a significant quantity of Schedule I Substances including crack, cocaine and methamphetamine.
A search of the dwelling and associated vehicle(s) resulted in the following items being seized:
- 28 grams of crack cocaine
- 30 grams cocaine (powder)
- 481 methamphetamine tablets
- 8 grams of cannabis marihuana
Estimated street value: $11,000.
Both were charged with:
- Possession of Schedule I (methamphetamine) Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – C.D.S.A. Section 5(2);
- Possession of Schedule I (cocaine) Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – C.D.S.A. Section 5(2);
- Possession of Schedule I (crack-cocaine) Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- C.D.S.A. Section 5(2);
- Possession of Schedule II (cannabis marihuana) Substance – C.D.S.A. Section 4(1);
They were held in custody to appear for a bail hearing and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in L’ Orignal (ON) on April 5th 2016.