Cornwall ON – Thanks to Rony from Shorteez for giving me a smile this morning after he sent this in. The email suggests to pass it around so I thought I would via The Cornwall Free News – Proudly Canadian and Proudly Cornwallian!
What do we Canadians
Have to be Proud of?
1. Smarties (not sold in the USA )
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
(not sold in the USA )
3. The size of our footballs fields, one less
down, and bigger balls.
4. Baseball is Canadian – 1st game
June 4, 1838 – Ingersoll, ON
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers
10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin’ Donuts
11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past
their White House. Then we burned it, and
most of Washington …
We got bored because they ran away.
Then, we came home and partied…..
that never surrendered to Germany .
13. We have the largest English population
that never Ever surrendered or withdrew
during any war to anyone, anywhere.EVER!
(We got clobbered in the odd battle but
prevailed in ALL the wars)
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and
lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our
civil war was an American mercenary, he
slept in and missed the whole thing.
He showed up just in time to get caught.
16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned
over 10% of the earth’s surface and is still
around as the world’s oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and
devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
(That’s more information than I need!)
19. We know what to do with the parts
of a buffalo.
20. We don’t marry our kin-folk…
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro,
zippers, insulin, penicillin, Pablum and the telephone.
Also short wave radios which save countless
lives each year.
22. We have ALL frozen our tongues to
something metal and lived to tell about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
24. We have coloured money.
25. Our beer advertisements kick ass
(Incidently… so does our beer)
BUT MOST IMPORTANT !
OOOoohhhhh….. Canada !!
Oh yeah… And our elections only take one day!