A total of eight “short change scammers”arrested and charged
(Ottawa) — The Ottawa Police Service Organized Fraud Section has charged eight people involved in an organized fraud scheme.
The seven adults and one young offender are believed to belong to a criminal organization of “short change scammers” that have been targeting retail stores in the Ottawa area. They use “sleight of hand” tactics to confuse and subsequently short-change retailers, often walking away with hundreds of dollars.
Dial 855 444 1133 to see how easy it is to have your ad here!
The eight have been charged with Fraud, Conspiracy and Possession of proceeds of crime.
* Andrei KVEC, 29 years old (m), Romanian national
* Ion KVEC, 31 years old (m), Romanian national
* Mariora ROSTAS, 27 years old (f), Romanian national
* Simone SAVA, 25 years old (m), Romanian national
* Huliv ROSTAS, 24 years old (m), Romanian national
* Nicolas ROSTAS, 19 years old (m), Romanian national
* A 17 year old young offender (f), from England
Andrei SAVA, a 31 year old male described as a Romanian national, is still outstanding.
Simone SAVA has appeared in court on December 13; the others will appear on December 14.