The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in a Mischief investigation.
On Friday, April 7, 2017, officers responded to a call for an Unknown Trouble at St George subway station.
It is alleged that:
– a man tossed a “stink bomb” onto the southbound subway train as it was departing
– smoke filled the subway train causing panic and fear amongst the passengers
– a full emergency response was initiated, including firefighters, police and paramedics
– the subway was shut down for 56 minutes during rush hour
On Thursday, May 11, 2017, Thomas Laforme, 20, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) Mischief – Interfere with Property
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, May 12, 2017, 10 a.m., room 101.