Kingston Man Charged After Spouse Refuses to Watch Video 072717


Police Bulletin

Calls for Service

Kingston Police had 144 calls for service during the 24 hour period starting from 5:00 a.m. on July 26, 2017. Of these, 87 calls occurred in the city central area, 31 in the west end, 7 in the east end, and 4 north of Highway 401. Some of these included:

  • 7 domestic calls
  • 4 harassment calls
  • 3 fight/disturbance calls
  • 6 undesirable calls
  • 1 customer trouble call
  • 4 alarm calls
  • 2 neighbour dispute calls
  • 3 noise complaints
  • 1 missing person call
  • 1 Mental Health Act call
  • 2 medical assist calls
  • 15 assist citizen calls
  • 2 break and enter calls
  • 12 theft calls
  • 2 shoplifting calls
  • 2 theft of vehicle calls
  • 1 mischief call
  • 6 fraud calls
  • 7 motor vehicle collisions
  • 1 parking/vehicle complaint
  • 5 driving complaints
  • 1 traffic concern
  • 11 suspicious activity calls
  • 1 drug call

There were 3 individuals arrested within the last 24 hours including 2 men and 1 woman, between 27 and 39 years of age, for the following: mischief, wearing a mask to commit an offence, harassment by repeated communication, assault, and breach recognizance

Residents are encouraged to view the Kingston Police Crime Mapping Tool that can be accessed through the website here. To further community awareness and improve accessibility to calls-for-police-service occurring in the community, Kingston Police has merged Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology with police calls-for-service data for user-friendly public consumption.

Man Causes Damage at Restaurant twice in Same Day

Release Date: July 27, 2017


A 29-year-old local man has been arrested after causing damage at a local restaurant twice in the same day.

On July 26, 2017 at approximately 6:15 p.m. the accused became irate with staff while in the drive through of a restaurant near Division Street and Weller Street. The accused exited his vehicle and entered the restaurant where he threw a cash register to the floor before leaving. At approximately 8:45 p.m. the accused returned to the restaurant. While wearing a mask he threw bricks through the front windows before fleeing in his vehicle.

At approximately 11:00 p.m. officers located the accused at his residence and arrested him without incident. The accused was transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.

The accused was charged with two counts of mischief and wearing a mask to commit an offence.

Man Attacks Common-law Over Video

Release Date: July 26, 2017


A 39-year-old local man is facing charges after attacking his common-law when she refused to watch a video.

On July 26, 2017 police responded to a domestic call at mid-town residence. The victim had several visible injuries and the accused had several scratch marks. An investigation revealed that in the evening of July 24 the accused attacked the victim when she refused to watch a video with him. The injuries occurred as a result of the attack.

Further investigation revealed previous assaults in and around the end of June 2017.

The accused was transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.

The accused was charged with three counts of assault and two counts of breach recognizance.

Woman Charged After Victim Saved Harassing Messages She Deleted

Release Date: July 27, 2017


A 27-year-old Trenton woman was charged after she chose to resume sending harassing messages despite a police warning.

In June 2017 an investigation into harassing emails concluded with a Kingston Police Detective warning the accused to have no further contact with the victim.

More than a month later on July 22, 2017 the accused chose to resume her behavior. At approximately 6:00 p.m. the accused started sending the victim several harassing messages through Instagram. Her messages included taunting the victim for calling police. The accused then deleted the messages, but not before the victim had copied them.

On July 26, 2017 the accused turned herself in a police headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.

The accused was charged with harassment by repeated communication.

Leave a Reply