SIU Investigators Examining Incident Inside Hawkesbury OPP Detachment
Case Number: 17-PCI-237
Mississauga, ON (31 August, 2017) —
- On August 30, 2017, just before midnight, OPP officers were called to a residence in the Main Street East and Tupper Street area.
- At the residence, a 56-year-old man was arrested.
- Around 12:30 a.m. on August 31, 2017, the man was lodged in a cell at the OPP Hawkesbury Detachment.
- Just before 1:30 a.m., the man suffered serious injuries.
- He was transported to Hawkesbury and District General Hospital and then taken to an Ottawa area hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
(HAWKESBURY, ON) On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at approximately 11:30 p.m., officers from Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Hawkesbury Detachment responded to a disturbance call on Gladstone Street in the Town of Hawkesbury.
As a result of the investigation, a 56 year old Hawkesbury man was placed under arrest, lodged in the cells where he experienced some issues and was transported to hospital by ambulance.
As a result of this incident, the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) was notified and has invoked its mandate. As a result the OPP will not be able to provide further information. Any other inquiries should be directed to SIU Communications at (416) 622-2342.
The OPP continue to investigate the disturbance call.