SEARCH WARRANT EXECUTED
Contraband Tobacco, drugs, cash, firearms seized
(CHAMPLAIN TOWNSHIP, ON) – On Tuesday January 9, 2018, members of the Cornwall Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), assisted by the East Region Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the OPP Canine Unit, executed a Search Warrant in the Champlain Township, resulting in the seizure of contraband cigarettes, cannabis marihuana, methamphetamine, hydromorphone contin and morphine, Canadian currency, and drug paraphernalia associated with drug trafficking. OPP also seized three (3) stolen firearms with ammunitions.
The combined value of the seized property is estimated at more than $44,300.00.
Jacques DUVAL (70 yrs) and Penny DUVAL (68 yrs) both of Vankleek Hill, ON, were arrested and charged under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with the following sections:
– Possession of a Schedule II substance for the purpose of Trafficking- under 3 kg
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- Other Drugs – (3 counts)
They were also charged under the Criminal Code of Canada with the following offences:
– Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 – in Canada
– Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition – (3 counts)
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm – (3 counts)
– Trafficking in Contraband Tobacco
Jacques DUVAL was not released and kept for a bail hearing on January 10, 2018 at L’Orignal court. He was then release pending his next court date scheduled on January 24, 2018 at the Ontario Court of Justice located in L’Orignal.
Penny DUVAL was released and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice located in L’Orignal on January 31, 2018.